Located along the southern banks of the Ohio River, Bellevue, KY is one of the most sought out bedroom communities in northern Kentucky. This city offers a slow-paced lifestyle, coupled with a low crime rate. Businesses in this area have a great opportunity to thrive. During previous years, there were 340,746 small businesses in Kentucky, providing employment to 686,517 people. Of course, owning a business is always risky. Recently, loss payouts to Kentucky businesses totaled $3,723,405.
If you own small businesses, make sure to take the steps to protect your investment with Bellevue business insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents specialize in helping businesses in Bellevue select comprehensive commercial insurance that safeguards against threats like liability, property damage, and even cyber crime. Liability lawsuits happen every single day and can be costly for small businesses. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Make sure your business is prepared with the right kind of general liability insurance.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. If a customer claims an injury or illness due to a product your company manufactures, you could be at risk for a liability lawsuit. Product liability coverage safeguards your business assets.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: Keep in mind your business could still be at risk for liability lawsuits even if you don’t manufacture a physical product. Consultants, contractors, and other professionals could benefit from professional liability insurance. This type of coverage safeguards against lawsuits related to contract breaches, errors or omissions.
Business Interruption Insurance for Bellevue Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Kentucky gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP increase was 0.6% less than the recent GDP increase
Severe weather is always a threat to small businesses. Imagine for a moment that a massive flood has swept through Bellevue and now you find your business is sitting under 3 feet of water. The repairs needed to get your businesses going again could take weeks or even months. In the meantime, you will have no revenue flowing to pay bills. Business interruption insurance could be the very thing that keeps your business afloat. This type of coverage steps in and pays lost profits during the time of unexpected interruption. It is important to be prepared when the next disaster strikes your area.
Property Insurance for Bellevue Businesses
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Bellevue is considered high risk for damaging storms that produce dangerous lightning, hail and heavy rainfall. In addition to storms, residents see an occasional tornado rip through the city. These storms can often deliver severe property damage to local homes and businesses. It is important to make sure you have invested in commercial property insurance so you can feel secure despite what Mother Nature throws your way.
Workers' Compensation for Bellevue Businesses
Work-related injuries are common and can prove to be financially devastating. Across most of the nation, employers are legally required to have a workman’s compensation policy in place before even hiring the first employee. This insurance protects your businesses and employees by paying for medical care and lost wages if an employee is injured on the job.
Employee Coverages for Bellevue Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Kentucky: $697,974
- Ranked 25th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,077/person or $15,463/family
With health care costs on the rise, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find affordable health and life insurance benefits for your staff. Our agents can help you find budget-friendly employee coverage options by providing quotes from multiple policies. By taking time to compare rates, you can drastically cut the costs of health insurance and life insurance plans for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Bellevue Businesses
- 2,358 identity theft complaints in Kentucky in recent years
- Ranked #43 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Research shows that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. If your Bellevue business doesn’t have a plan in place, it’s time to make one now. Cyber crime is a growing threat all across the nation, and Bellevue is no exception. The best protection is having cyber crime as part of your comprehensive Bellevue business insurance. This coverage safeguards your business assets and provides peace of mind that you’re covered even if you do find yourself in the midst of a serious data breach.
Our Independent Insurance Agents are always available to point you in the right direction when you are searching for affordable business insurance. Our agents will walk you through all of your options and answer any questions you may have.
To learn more about Bellevue commercial insurance coverage, contact an agent, and get a free rate quote today.