Whitley City, KY, a small town with a population of around 1,200, serves as the county seat to McCreary County. This city offers historic landmarks, local art and amazing outdoor adventures. Each year, they hold the Blazing Bluegrass festival for three days in August. If you are looking for a thriving community in which to launch a small business, this is the perfect place. During previous years, there were 340,746 small businesses in Kentucky, providing employment to 686,517 people. Of course, owning a business is always risky. Recently, loss payouts to Kentucky businesses totaled $3,723,405.
If you are the owner of a business, make sure you are protected with Whitley City business insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents specialize in helping businesses in Whitley City select comprehensive commercial insurance that safeguards against threats like liability, property damage, and even cyber crime. The first type of insurance to consider is general liability insurance.
According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Liability lawsuits happen every single day and can potentially cost you thousands in out-of-pocket expenses, so make sure you are prepared with general liability insurance. Other liability policies that should be added to your Whitley City business insurance plan include the following:
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. If a customer claims to have been injured or made ill by one of your company’s products, you could find yourself in the middle of an expensive liability lawsuit. Product liability insurance helps protect your business from this type of threat.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: If your business offers a service instead of a product, you still face serious liability risks. A customer's claiming your company made an error that put them at risk could end up costing you thousands in out-of-pocket expenses. Professional liability insurance covers the cost of your legal defense and any court-ordered payouts.
Business Interruption Insurance for Whitley City Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Kentucky gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP increase was 0.6% less than the recent GDP increase
Whitley City has generally mild weather but does have the occasional tornado rip through the city. Imagine if another tornado were to hit your area, damaging your business and forcing you to close its doors. It would take weeks or months to repair the damage, and in the meantime, you would lose months of profits. Business interruption insurance steps in to pay you for the profits you lose during unexpected interruptions. Adding this to your Whitley City commercial insurance policy could be the exact coverage that saves your business if disaster strikes your neighborhood.
Property Insurance for Whitley City Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Whitley City has an average of one tornado each year and carries with it a mild risk of earthquakes, with three since 1931. Make sure you’re prepared by investing in commercial property insurance. If your business is damaged or destroyed in an earthquake, you file a claim with your business insurance company and get the funds you need to make repairs to get back to work as soon as possible.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Workers' Compensation for Whitley City Businesses
If an employee gets injured on the job, you could be facing a major lawsuit. Workers' compensation safeguards your business by paying for medical care and lost wages after a work-related injury. Across most of the United States, employers are now legally required to have workers' compensation coverage before hiring even a single employee.
Employee Coverages for Whitley City Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Kentucky: $697,974
- Ranked 25th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,077/person or $15,463/family
Finding affordable health care is more challenging than ever before. This makes it very difficult for a small-business owner to find affordable health care coverage to offer employees. Our agents will help you find affordable and high-quality coverage for your staff. By taking the time to compare rates, you can drastically cut the costs of health insurance and life insurance plans for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Whitley City Businesses
- 2,358 identity theft complaints in Kentucky in recent years
- Ranked #43 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Research shows that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. Cyber crime is a serious threat in today’s world that is full of ever-changing technology. If your business doesn’t have a plan in place, now is the time to make one. Hackers are a growing problem for small businesses in Kentucky, so make sure you’re prepared with cyber crime insurance. With this type of coverage added to your policy, you can have the peace of mind that despite what threat comes your way, you are covered.
Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you find quality business insurance that fits your unique situation. Our friendly agents will walk you through your options, answer your questions and point you toward the coverages that will best protect your small business against Whitley City’s most common threats. Best of all, our agents provide quotes on multiple policies in one convenient place, making it easier than ever before to find affordable coverage for your business.
To learn more about your options for Whitley City commercial insurance coverage, contact an agent, and get a free rate quote today.