There are 351,260 business owners in Kentucky, and there are several ways to protect your commercial property. Business equipment coverage is one of them and necessary if you wish adequate insurance for your property.
An independent insurance agent will help with policy and premiums for your business. They have access to several carriers, giving you options. Connect with a local expert for tailored quotes.
Commercial Equipment Insurance
Your Kentucky business equipment coverage can be obtained in a couple of different ways. Some carriers offer this type of limit through your commercial property policy. Others will have a separate coverage option you can select. Commercial equipment insurance will cover the types of damage below.
- Power surges
- Electrical shorts
- Mechanical breakdowns
- Motor burnout
- Operator error
Equipment can typically include the following items
- Air conditioners
- Heavy machinery
- Contractors equipment
What Does Commercial Equipment Insurance Cover?
Your Kentucky business may use equipment to operate and function. If a loss occurs, your business could be at risk. Check out what commercial equipment coverage will insure.
- Coverage to replace or repair failed equipment
- Coverage for the labor to replace or repair failed equipment
- Coverage for lost income due to failed equipment
When your business equipment is damaged, it could put you out of commission for a period. This can cause significant loss, not only to your property but your income. Consider reviewing your business coverages for accuracy.
What Does Commercial Equipment Insurance Not Cover?
The best way to be proactive with your Kentucky business equipment coverage is to know what it won't insure. There are a few items you may need to add or account for when obtaining insurance. Take a look at what's not included and if it can be added to your equipment coverage.
- Spoilage: This coverage refers to food or items that spoiled due to an equipment loss. It can usually be added for a fee but won't be automatic in most cases.
- Vehicles: Some insureds think automobiles or company vehicles fall under business equipment, but they don't.
- Structures: If you want coverage for any structures or similar, it will fall under your business property coverage.
- Wear and tear: If your business equipment stops working only because of wear and tear, it won't be covered under any policy for that.
Business Equipment Insurance Cost
The cost of your Kentucky business equipment insurance will vary. As with any business insurance policy, your coverages and premiums will be unique. Things carriers use to rate your business equipment insurance are the following.
- The value of each piece of equipment
- Your safety measures in place
- Who operates said equipment?
- Your claims history
- Your business address
- Local disasters
Common Kentucky natural disasters that can impact your premiums
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Flooding and water damage
- Burglary and other property crimes
Insurance for Business Equipment at Home
If you're running a company out of your home, there may be coverage under your homeowners policy. While it won't provide for everything, it can extend some limits for specific claims. Take a look at what could be insured from your home policy.
- Business personal property
- Medical payments
One item that won't have coverage is your equipment breakdown. There will be business personal property protection that will provide a small amount of coverage for fire, theft, and natural disasters. In order to have insurance for all your business exposures, separate policies are necessary.
How to Connect with an Independent Agent in Kentucky
Your Kentucky business equipment insurance can be easily obtained if you know where to look. With several business insurance coverages on the market, an adviser can help navigate which are right for you. If you're without proper protection, you could be at risk.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with policy and premium options. They work with numerous carriers, giving you the right coverage for a fair price. Connect with a local expert in minutes on TrustedChoice.com.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.