Allen Park Car Insurance
When you're searching for an expert
Allen Park, MI, is known as the training ground for the Detroit Lions football team. With brick homes and local shops, Allen Park aims to please. When you're a local, you'll enjoy the natural scenery of this tree-lined city.
If you own a car in this city of 27,156 residents, you'll need protection. An independent insurance agent can help you obtain the right policy for the job. You can connect with an expert to get started.
How Your Auto Insurance Premiums Work in Allen Park, MI
When it comes to your auto insurance costs, carriers look at numerous items. From personal data to claims history, you'll have various things going for or against your premiums. Check out rating factors the carriers use below.
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
While you'll be in control of some items that affect your pricing, others you will not. Local crime is one area you won't be able to change. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Michigan average: 174.60
Another way to cut costs is by bundling your car and home insurance. When you put your coverage with the same carrier, you'll save big. Insurance companies will usually give you a discount of 30% or more.
What Allen Park, MI Requires to Drive
Car insurance is regulated in most states. Allen Park, MI, is no different. The state mandates that all drivers carry a minimum amount of liability insurance to use the roadways. Check out the required auto insurance for Allen Park, MI:
- A minimum liability of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage.
While you are only required to have minimum limits, you may want more. Umbrella insurance is a great way to add liability protection for a low cost. It will provide additional coverage when your underlying policy has been exhausted.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Which Optional Car Coverages Do You Need in Allen Park, MI?
Primary auto insurance won't automatically have coverage for a lot of things. If you want more than liability-only, you'll need to have it manually added to your policy. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged in a non-collision event such as a fire, hailstorm, or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 20.3% in Michigan.
With the state of MI coming in almost double the national average for uninsured drivers, you'll need protection. Most insureds aren't aware that their policy has low limits of UM/UIM. To get the right amount of coverage, you'll want to review policy options.
If You Drive for Uber or Lyft, You May Not Have Coverage in Allen Park, MI
Personal car insurance will usually exclude coverage for business services. That means if you drive for Uber or Lyft, you're probably without insurance. When a claim occurs, you'll be on the hook for any damage.
An accident can happen out of nowhere, and if you have passengers, you'll be responsible for their medical expenses. Fortunately, you can obtain a commercial auto policy to help cover any exposure. Rideshare services need to be insured by business coverage to have the right protection.
How to Connect with an Allen Park, MI Independent Agent
If you've been searching for the perfect auto policy, an independent insurance agent can help. They have access to several markets, saving you time and money. Since they work on your behalf for free, you'll get the best pricing in town.
When you're tired of going at it alone, use a professional. Go to TrustedChoice to connect with a local expert in minutes. Use the find-an-agent tool to begin today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.