Utica is a small town that sits four miles north of Sterling Heights, Michigan. Utica has a small town vibe with plenty of benefits like great shopping, parks, historic homes, and wonderful schools. If you’re one of the 5,143 residents living in Utica, you’ll want to be sure your beloved home, along with everything inside, is protected from unforeseen events. No matter your home’s age or its valuables, it’s important to have reliable homeowners insurance.
If you’re not sure how exactly you can get the best homeowners policy for you, then it’s time to call a local insurance agent. An independent agent can get you lots of different home insurance quotes from high-quality companies. The best part is that an independent insurance agent won’t charge you any fees for their professional help.
Price of Homeowners Insurance in Utica, Michigan
Citizens among Michigan usually pay a little less for homeowners insurance than those in other states. However, Utica home premiums are usually a bit higher than those of their neighbors and other local communities.
- US average yearly premium: $1,173
- Michigan average yearly premium: $908
Remember, these average premiums are just to give you an idea of the price you might pay. Insurance costs are specific to each home, owner, and area.
- Utica average home values: $174,638
- Michigan average home values: $176,977
- US average home values: $188,900
Your insurance agent will ask for lots of details about your house. This is information insurance carriers will use to calculate your insurance pricing:
- The homeowner’s credit score
- Claims history
- The home’s age and current market value
- Your home’s location (e.g., ZIP code, county)
- Materials used to build the home
- The home’s use: primary residence, vacation home, rental property
- The deductible amount selected
- Freestanding structures on the property (e.g., fences, garages, swimming pools)
You can be sure to get high-quality homeowners insurance that fits your budget with an Independent insurance agent in Utica.
Total Number of Property Crimes in Utica, Michigan
It’s always best to buy a comprehensive homeowners insurance plan no matter where you live. Property crimes happen everywhere, and your house isn’t immune.
- Average US burglary rate per 1,000 homes: 4.69
- Average MI burglary rate per 1,000 homes: 1.98
- Average Utica burglary rate per 1,000 homes: 1.56
Every American hometown works hard, among their citizens and residents, to make their neighborhoods safe. It’s always important to look out for yourself, your family, and your neighbors by taking action. Here are a few easy ways to keep thieves away:
- Lock your windows (home and garage) when you’re asleep or home.
- Keep lights on even when you aren’t home. Use an automatic timer so you don’t forget.
- Use deadbolts on all your outside doors for extra security.
- Make sure your sliding glass doors have great locks and security gadgets.
- Install a home security system that includes burglar alarms and cameras.
- If you’ll be away from home for more than a few days, make sure your mailbox won’t be overflowing with mail. Be sure your grass remains well-kept too.
An additional benefit to securing your home are the policy discounts most insurance companies will be able to provide. Property insurers like when homeowners have security cameras, burglar alarms, and even fire extinguishers. Talk with your insurance agent about how you might be able to get a premium discount for home safety measures. Don’t forget to ask your agent about flood insurance too.
Total Number of Catastrophes in Utica, Michigan
Utica is part of Macomb County. The area faces an average amount of Midwestern weather catastrophes that can cause damage, particularly floods, storms, and tornadoes. Overall, the total number of natural disasters in the Utica area is just about the same as the national average.
- Major catastrophes causing widespread loss in Michigan: 301
- Common causes of disasters within the state: floods and tornadoes
- Total amount of US property losses paid in 2018: $1,354,075
Here’s how Utica’s worst weather events break down.
- Storms: 9
- Floods: 7
- Tornadoes: 3
- Snowstorms: 2
Regardless of what your hometown’s environment is like, it’s always a great idea to invest in an excellent homeowners insurance plan. It’s a good idea to be prepared for the costly financial losses associated with risks like harsh weather, crimes, and fires. Not only will having a solid insurance policy give you peace of mind, it’ll also absorb most of the cost from a covered claim.
Give a local independent insurance agent a call today to talk about your home insurance policy needs. The sooner you do that, then the sooner your home will be protected. When you talk to your local agent, feel free to ask about car insurance and life insurance too.
Liability Insurance for Utica, Michigan, Homes
Another disaster that any homeowner in Utica wants to avoid is a liability claim. That’s why your home insurance should include personal liability coverage. The liability benefit that most property plans include will pay for legal fees, courts costs, and damage settlements.
Mishaps and accidents usually happen when you least expect it. Here are some examples of common liability situations that homeowners face:
- Your child breaks the neighbor’s SUV window with a baseball.
- Your dog escapes the backyard and bites a delivery driver.
- Your best friend is visiting your home and accidentally breaks her foot.
- An untrimmed tree limb from your property scratches your neighbor’s car.
Check out your policy’s liability limits to be sure the coverage amount is good. Your independent insurance agent can go over your policy limits with you and answer questions. The agent may be able to increase your liability limits or get you an affordable umbrella policy for extra coverage.
Start Shopping for Utica, Michigan, Home Insurance
Shopping around your community and exploring your options is the best way to get a homeowners insurance plan. Of course, comparing multiple plans and premiums can take a lot of time and get a bit frustrating. You’re busy, so make your life easier by working with a local independent insurance agent. Utica agents know your community and understand your needs.
An independent agent will be glad to answer your questions, identify any risks you might encounter, and gather multiple insurance quotes from a variety of reliable insurers. The best part of working with an independent agent is that you don’t have to pay for their professional assistance.
Your home is your biggest investment, so talk today with an independent insurance agent about protecting your prized possession.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
City of Utica