Weston, FL is a beautiful city, located on the edge of the everglades. If you are a resident of Weston, then you will be in close proximity to both Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Known for its beautiful landscapes and biking trails, this city is a great place to live and work in. This active community provides the perfect atmosphere for a small business to thrive. In previous years, there were 2,180,556 small businesses in Florida, providing employment to 3,000,167 people. Of course, owning a business also carries some heavy risks. Recently, loss payouts to Florida businesses totaled $19,737,799.
Business owners in Weston face continual risks each year. From liability lawsuits to hurricane damage to malicious cyber attacks, many things can go wrong. Independent Insurance Agents can assist you in choosing a comprehensive Weston business insurance plan that will protect your business from any threat it may face.
Liability lawsuits are common in the business world and can financially ruin a company. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. When you invest in liability coverage, you have the peace of mind that your company and all your hard work is protected if you do encounter a liability lawsuit.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. If a customer claims to have been injured by one of your products, you could find yourself in the middle of an expensive liability lawsuit. Most small businesses cannot financially survive a lawsuit. Product liability insurance protects your company’s financial future.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: If your business offers a service rather than physical products, you are still at risk for liability problems. A disgruntled client could file a lawsuit claiming errors or omissions, putting all of your hard work in jeopardy instantaneously. E&O liability insurance protects consultants and other professionals from client lawsuits and liability-related legal disputes.
Business Interruption Insurance for Weston Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Florida gross state product: 2.2%
Florida businesses face a high threat for severe weather. If your office is demolished by one of Florida’s historic hurricanes, you’ll have nowhere to operate until you can rebuild. Business interruption insurance protects small businesses after catastrophic interruptions by providing compensation for lost revenue during the time they are unable to operate.
Property Insurance for Weston Businesses
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Florida is ranked as the second most dangerous state in the nation for natural disasters. The primary threat is hurricanes, followed closely by flooding and wildfires. If your commercial property is damaged in a natural disaster, having a reliable property insurance policy pays off in big ways. You can file a claim and receive the money you need to rebuild or make repairs without tapping into your company’s bank account.
Workers' Compensation for Weston Businesses
Workman’s compensation is an essential part of any business insurance plan. If an employee is injured on the job, this coverage pays for medical care and lost wages. Without this coverage, you are expected to pay for expenses out of your own pocket. Accidents can happen, but if you have workers' comp, you have peace of mind that you can provide the best care for your employee while also protecting your business from an employee lawsuit.
Employee Coverages for Weston Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Florida: $3,131,293
- Ranked 49th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,408/person or $16,070/family
Across the nation, health care costs are on the rise and completely out of control. It can be difficult for a small business to offer employee coverages, thanks to high rates and annual increases. Our independent insurance agents are experts, who can help small businesses search for the most affordable health care coverage that is also beneficial for employees.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Weston Businesses
- 37,059 identity theft complaints in Florida in recent years
- Ranked #1 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Florida has more annual identity theft complaints than any other state in the country. Yet reports show that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with data breaches and cyber attacks. Cyber crime is a growing problem for small businesses, and the best way to protect your assets is to add cyber crime coverage to your comprehensive Weston business insurance plan. Then if you do find yourself in the middle of a serious data breach, you can have peace of mind that you are covered.
Whether you are a new business owner or a seasoned one, commercial insurance is an important investment in the future of your business. Unfortunately, the process of finding insurance can be overwhelming. Our independent insurance agents take the guesswork out of shopping for business insurance by providing one-on-one support and customized rate quotes on multiple policies. Our friendly agents will help you think through the biggest risks your business will encounter in Weston while finding the most reliable business insurance options to protect you from those worrisome threats.
If you’re looking for affordable Weston commercial insurance, contact an independent insurance agent today for a free quote.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.