When you're a doctor in Missouri, you'll face numerous risks that will need specific protection. Anesthesiologist liability insurance can help pay for a loss that could put you into financial ruin.
An independent insurance agent will have access to a network of carriers so that you get the best rates on coverage. They do the shopping at no cost to your practice, saving you money. Connect with a local expert for custom quotes and more.
Anesthesiologist Liability Insurance
In Missouri, anesthesiologist liability insurance will protect your practice from a significant loss. A lot can happen when patients are under your care, and sometimes it's for the worst. It will cover the anesthesiologist from a lawsuit arising out of the following claims.
- General liability claim
- Malpractice liability claim
What Does Anesthesiologist Liability Insurance Cover?
Liability insurance for an anesthesiologist comes in a few forms. Each policy will cover different aspects of a claim when one occurs. Take a look at your options in Missouri.
General liability insurance will cover:
- Bodily injury coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Libel and slander coverage
Malpractice liability insurance will cover:
- Assault coverage for claims made against you or your staff
- License protection coverage
- Damage to the property of others
- First aid coverage
- Legal representation
- Defendant expense benefits
- Personal liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical payment protection
Umbrella liability insurance will cover:
- Additional coverage for bodily injury
- Additional coverage for property damage
- Additional coverage for libel and slander
Save on Professional Liability Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Anesthesiologist Liability Insurance Not Cover?
All of your personal and commercial insurance policies will have exclusions. This protects the carrier from running out of reserves to pay for claims. Your liability insurance is no different. Check out some standard anesthesiologist liability exclusions.
- Business property: This falls under a business property policy
- Equipment: This falls under an equipment breakdown policy
- Employee wages: This will fall under workers' compensation insurance in some cases
- Vehicles: This will fall under a commercial auto policy
- Floods: This is a separate flood policy
- Earthquakes: This is a separate earthquake policy
Do Anesthesiologists Need Malpractice Insurance?
Medical malpractice insurance will protect your operation from a major financial setback or worse. While malpractice isn't always required, it is essential for adequate coverage. Check out how it works.
- Malpractice occurs when a doctor or healthcare provider deviates from the medical community's usual standards and causes injury or death to the patient.
In Missouri, you're not always mandated to have malpractice protection. If you work for a hospital or office not your own, you may need to provide proof of coverage. No matter if you're asked to have malpractice insurance or not, it could save your business and reputation from a lengthy legal battle.
How Much Do Anesthesiologists Pay for Malpractice Insurance?
The cost of your anesthesiologist liability insurance will vary. Carriers look at several risk factors when rating your coverage. Take a look at what affects your malpractice costs below.
- Your safety practices
- Prior malpractice claims
- How experienced you are as a doctor
- How your office is set up
- How much coverage you select
- What you allow your staff to do
- Your gross annual sales
- Your financial practices
Injury or death to a patient is an everyday risk that doctors have to be able to handle. Your insurance coverage should protect you from every exposure your business has. Medical malpractice costs can be determined by obtaining customized quotes from a professional.
How to Connect with a Missouri Independent Agent
In Missouri, your business insurance will need adequate attention to ensure you're obtaining the right coverage. If you run a practice, there are several key items to remember. Anesthesiologist liability insurance is necessary to avoid financial devastation for your office.
An independent insurance agent can help review your policies for free, saving you time and money. They work with a network of carriers so that you get the best coverage for an affordable price. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com and start saving today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.