Broadview Heights is home to nearly 20,000 people. With its low crime rate, excellent schools, parks, and recreation, this is a great place to settle down. If you own a house in this Cleveland suburb, you can protect your investment with a good homeowners insurance policy.
Independent agents in Broadview Heights are free to work with many of the area’s top insurance providers, so they can shop around to find you the best and most affordable policy. Contact an independent insurance agent near you to start comparing a selection of customized homeowners insurance quotes.
What Is Homeowners Insurance, and Is It Required in Broadview Heights, OH?
Homeowners insurance is a policy designed to safeguard your investment in your home and your personal property.
This coverage is not required by law, but lenders typically require it if you have an open mortgage or home equity loan. Home insurance is optional but highly recommended once your loans are paid in full, and you own your house outright with no liens.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Broadview Heights, OH?
Overall, homeowners insurance rates in Ohio are much lower than the national average. This is good news for Broadview Heights homeowners looking for an affordable policy.
- National average yearly premium: $1,211
- Ohio average yearly premium: $862
In Broadview Heights, where median home values are higher than the state average, prices are likely to be higher than this state average. Your actual costs will be based on several factors such as:
- Your home’s age, condition, value, and size in square feet
- The type of home you are insuring (e.g., single-family detached house, condo, townhouse, investment rental property, etc.)
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- The size of your deductible
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with other policies like car insurance or motorcycle insurance or qualify for any other home insurance discounts
Every insurer has its own way of calculating costs. This means that every company you contact for a quote is likely to offer you coverage at a different rate.
Comparing customized quotes from a few competing homeowners insurance providers lets you choose the policy offered at the most reasonable price. Independent insurance agents in Broadview Heights make comparison shopping easy.
Where Can I Find Cheap Homeowners Insurance Near Me?
Buying the cheapest policy is not necessarily the best way to save money on home insurance. Doing so may end up costing you more in the long run.
Homeowners insurance policies at bargain-basement prices typically come with:
- Limited coverage: The cheapest policies typically provide you with actual cash value instead of replacement cost compensation for your property if it is lost or damaged by a covered event. This may leave you needing to spend a lot of money out of pocket to replace damaged items.
- High deductibles: Policies with very high deductibles can save you money on your monthly premiums, but they will require you to come up with a large amount of cash to cover the deductible amount if you need to file a claim. This may not be in your best interest, unless you have a large emergency fund you can draw from to cover your costs.
- A complicated claims process: If you are not working with a reputable insurance provider, you may face several hurdles when filing a claim. Sometimes, compensation can take an unacceptably long time to arrive.
To ensure that you have the coverage you need when you need it, you will want to buy your policy from an insurance company you can trust. This may mean paying a little more in the short run, but it can save you a lot of money and frustration in the long run.
Independent agents can save you money by helping you compare policies and rates from various reliable insurance companies so you can be sure that you are purchasing a policy that offers good value for your money.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Broadview Heights Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Homeowners insurance protects your finances by providing you with:
- Coverage for your property
- Coverage against displacement
- Coverage against liability lawsuits
Coverage for your property
Homeowners insurance covers the cost of rebuilding, repairing, or replacing your property if it is damaged or lost due to a covered event. Some of the covered risks most likely to affect homeowners in Broadview Heights include:
- Fires: Your policy can cover damage caused by flames, smoke, and firefighting efforts.
- Property crimes: Your policy can reimburse you for property loss or damage if you are the victim of a crime like vandalism, burglary, or arson.
- Water damage: Your policy can cover water damage caused by perils like leaky roofs, damaged windows, and frozen pipes, but it does not cover damage caused by floods.
- Falling objects: Your policy covers damage caused by hailstones, fallen tree branches, uprooted trees, and other falling objects.
- Severe weather: Your policy covers damage caused by weather events like thunderstorms, high wind, and tornadoes.
You will want to be sure that your coverage limits are high enough to enable you to rebuild your home and fully replace all of your property if you experience a total loss, such as may happen if a structure fire destroys your house.
Coverage against displacement
Loss of use insurance is another important part of your homeowners insurance policy. It is designed to cover your extra living expenses if your home is rendered uninhabitable by a covered event like a fire or a tornado.
While your house is being repaired, loss of use coverage can pay for things like:
- A hotel or other reasonable accommodations
- Meals, if your accommodations do not include a kitchen
- Moving costs and storage fees
- Mileage reimbursement if you must drive further to get to work
- Pet boarding, if necessary
Your coverage can continue until repairs are completed and your house is safe to return to or until you have built or purchased a new home.
Coverage against liability lawsuits
All home insurance policies also include homeowners liability insurance. This covers court costs, legal fees, mediation costs, settlements, and judgments if you or someone in your household unintentionally causes someone else to experience injuries, financial losses, property damage, or other harm.
Homeowners insurance companies typically provide between $100,000 and $500,000 in personal liability coverage. If you want even more liability protection than your homeowners insurance company offers, you can significantly boost your coverage by purchasing umbrella insurance.
What about Coverage against Flood Damage in Broadview Heights, OH?
FEMA warns that just one inch of rainwater in your home can cause as much as $25,000 in property damage. The good news is that in Broadview Heights, only 238 properties, which is fewer than 1% of homes in the area, have a significant risk of sustaining flood damage over the next 30 years.
If your house is one of the few at risk, an independent agent can help you supplement your home coverage with an affordable flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Does Broadview Heights, OH Have a High Burglary Rate?
The burglary rate in Ohio is higher than the national rate, but in Broadview Heights, the rate is much lower. Residents of this city report an average of only 4 burglaries a year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 people in the US: 3.76
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 people in Ohio: 4.12
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 people in Broadview Heights: 0.05
Though your burglary risk is low, it may give you peace of mind to know that if you are the victim of a robbery, your homeowners insurance can compensate you for your losses as well as for any damage the burglar may have done to your house. You will need a copy of a police report when you file your claim.
What Are the Best Homeowners Insurance Companies in Broadview Heights, OH?
The most highly rated home insurance companies are the ones that have a consistent history of providing excellent customer service, reliable coverage, timely claims processing, and competitive rates.
Independent insurance agents in Broadview Heights have teamed up with some of the best homeowners insurance companies in Ohio. Therefore, you can rest assured that any policies your agent recommends to you for your home are offered by trustworthy insurers.
How Can an Independent Agent Help Me Find the Best Home Insurance in Broadview Heights, OH?
Independent agents are available to help you with all of your coverage needs. You can turn to a local agent for answers to your insurance-related questions, honest advice, and help with finding the best and most affordable coverage.
Arrange an obligation-free consultation with an independent insurance agent near you to learn more. You will soon discover how easy it can be to compare customized homeowners insurance quotes from some of the best insurance providers in Broadview Heights.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.