The Port of Beaumont is one of the busiest U.S. ports and Beaumont is part of a major Texas industrial area on the Gulf Coast. Oil production and engineering companies support the area’s economy. In addition, Lamar University supports local business in the Golden Triangle with the Small Business Development Center. If you own a business in the Beaumont area, you have likely invested a lot of time and a large portion of your own money into it. Protect this investment by securing your business with a comprehensive Beaumont, TX business insurance policy.
Several Trusted Choice® member agents who specialize in commercial insurance are located near you. These agents can help you assess your company’s unique business coverage needs. By using their relationships with several different insurance companies, independent agents can easily provide you with a variety of competitively priced policies tailored specifically to your small business. Contact a local member agent today to start comparing Beaumont commercial insurance quotes.
Top Industries for Small Businesses with Employees in Texas
- Professional, scientific and technical firms: 54,700 companies
- Healthcare and social assistance: 48,300 companies
- Retail trade: 44,300 companies
- Construction: 38,300 companies
- Accommodation and food services: 31,400 companies
- Wholesale trade: 24,500 companies
Regardless of what type of industry your business falls into, you are strongly advised to have a commercial insurance policy in place to protect your company from potential financial losses that may otherwise cause financial losses or even lead to bankruptcy.
Is Beaumont Business Insurance Necessary?
Most states, including Texas, require businesses that have employees to carry insurance to cover worker’s compensation and unemployment. If your business venture relies on the use of company vehicles, you will also be required to carry a commercial car or truck insurance policy. Finally, if you have taken out a business loan, your lender might require you to have a commercial insurance policy to protect your business for the life of the loan.
No type of insurance is required by law for small businesses that do not have employees, and these make up 83 percent of all small businesses in TX. However, if you are a sole-proprietor or part-owner of a small business that required you to make a large personal investment, having a business insurance policy is a very good idea.
If you are like many new business owners in Beaumont, you may believe that because your company is an LLC or a corporation, it is automatically protected against liability lawsuits. However, these corporate business structures are designed merely as a way to protect your personal assets so they cannot be taken from you if the business suffers a major loss. The company itself remains vulnerable. Only a Beaumont business insurance policy can fully protect your commercial endeavor from excessive liability losses.
Jefferson County Business Statistics, 2007
- Merchant wholesaler sales: $2.853 billion
- Retail sales: $3.973 billion
- Retail sales per capita: $16,453
- Accommodation and food services sales: $388 million
Jefferson County industry is a driving force in Texas’s economy. As a small business owner in Beaumont, you can take pride in the role you play in this state’s robust economy.
What Does Beaumont Business Insurance Cover?
Businesses can differ greatly in industry, size, and type and each faces its own unique potential risks. Business insurance policies offer several different coverage options so you can customize your policy to meet your company’s specific needs. A typical Beaumont commercial insurance policy will provide the following types of coverage:
- Liability insurance: This shields your business from the financial burdens associated you liability risks. Here are just a few of your coverage options:
- Professional liability (also called "errors and omissions" or "E & O" coverage) covers any client loss due to advice you gave; especially applicable to professions like doctors, lawyers, or consultants
- Product liability covers any manufactured items you make and sell that could potentially harm a consumer
- Premises liability covers your office building and any lawsuits that occur due to a third-party slip-and-fall or related incident on grounds
- Property insurance: This coverage can protect your business in many ways. If the building in which your business is housed or any of your company’s equipment are damaged due to extreme weather conditions, fire, water, theft or other external causes, this coverage will provide you with compensation for the necessary repairs or replacements. This type of coverage is particularly important if your business requires you to be open to the public. Floods are almost always excluded from this coverage, so a separate flood insurance policy may be necessary.
- Loss of income insurance: This protects your company from financial losses that may occur if you are unable to operate your business for a period of time due to damages caused by a covered event. This way, while your company may not be up-and-running while repairs are made, you will still be able to pay your monthly expenses and your employees.
- Other insurance: There are a variety of other options available that may be necessary to provide sufficient coverage for your specific business type. Some examples include additional liability insurance coverage for contractors who work off-site, more complete coverage for very expensive or customized equipment, and fidelity insurance to protect you from losses if an employee embezzles funds or performs other illegal activities while working for you.
Find a Top-Rate Beaumont Business Insurance Policy
There are many different variables that must be taken into consideration when you are shopping for a suitable business insurance policy. Before you begin comparison-shopping, it is important that you fully assess your commercial coverage needs. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you do this. These agents can also save you time and money by obtaining a variety of policies and rate quotes for you to compare.
Independent agents in the Trusted Choice network can be found in thousands of locations nationwide, and many are right here in Beaumont. It is therefore easy to find an agent near your home or business. You can expect that you will receive excellent service, both now and well into the future. Contact a member agent in your neighborhood and start comparing Beaumont commercial insurance quotes today.