This large coastal Texas city is home to the 5th largest U.S. port but it is also famous in southern states as the original home of the Whataburger restaurant chain. Your profession and the number of burgers that you consume may affect your costs when it comes to Corpus Christi, TX life insurance.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Sample Costs and Local Facts
- Lifestyle, profession, age and health can all affect premium rates
- Sample monthly premium for $250,000 of 20 year term life coverage for a 35 year old female preferred risk non-smoker: $23.90
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20 year term life coverage for a 35 year old female preferred risk non-smoker: $35.69
These example premiums are not intended as price quotes for any particular Corpus Christi life insurance company or individual. Individual rates will depend on many unique considerations which include your age, general health, lifestyle choices, profession, and the insurance company you decide to purchase a policy from.
How Much Will Corpus Christi Life Insurance Cost Me?
Corpus Christi is home to a very active port and large military bases. These employ many residents, but some transportation or military professions could place an applicant in a higher-priced insurance risk category. On the other hand, making good lifestyle choices like maintaining a healthy weight and avoiding tobacco use can mitigate these risks.
If you want to know how much a policy should cost you, you can take the following steps:
- Evaluate your family’s life insurance needs: You will want to be sure that you have enough coverage to pay off your mortgage and other debts and carry your children through to adulthood, including the costs of schooling.
- Decide which kind of policy you want to purchase: There are different life insurance options that have different pros and cons. The type of policy you choose will greatly affect your rates.
- Shop around for a variety of competitive price quotes: Insurance experts recommend that you always get at least three rate quotes before selecting an insurance provider.
Working with an independent insurance agent can make this process less complicated.
What Are the Different Types of Corpus Christi Life Insurance?
For many, the decision about which type of life insurance policy to purchase is a hard one to make. There are three main types of life insurance policies from which you can choose. These are:
- Term life insurance: This is temporary coverage even though some contracts can last for several years. Term policies are meant to provide a high amount of coverage during the years that you need it the most. These policies hold no cash value and expire at the end of their term.
- Whole life insurance: This is permanent coverage and will stay in force for as long as you continue to make payments on your premiums. It provides a death benefit plus it accrues a cash value that you can cash in at any time.
- Universal life insurance: Similar to whole life, this is also a permanent life policy. Universal life policies are more flexible than whole life, but may also be more complicated to understand.
Many young couples choose to purchase term life because they can buy more coverage for less money. Young and growing families may have a lot of responsibilities like auto loans, a home mortgage, and the future education of their children. But they might also add a smaller whole life policy rider (option) to the term policy to provide retirement life insurance in the future. This way they can cover current large obligations, but also plan for future goals.
When you discuss your life insurance options with a qualified agent, you may also be offered some policies that are variations or hybrids of the basic types listed above. Be sure to understand all of your options in detail before selecting the policy type that is best for you.
Who Buys Life Insurance?
- Americans aged 25 to 34 with life insurance: over 50%
- Americans under 25 with life insurance: 18%
- Number of new individual policies purchased in the U.S., 2009: 10,139
- Americans who do not believe they have enough life insurance: 39%
While younger people are less likely to purchase life insurance policies than older people, almost anybody can find and purchase a suitable policy. As people age and become responsible for spouses and dependents, they may feel an increased need for coverage. However, younger adults have the opportunity to lock in lower rates while they are still young and healthy.
If you are reluctant to search for a policy because of your age or health issues, you should know that many insurers are courting the baby boomer and senior market these days. If you maintain a healthy lifestyle but have a controlled health issue like high cholesterol or diabetes, you may still be offered a standard rate by some competitive companies.
Find Corpus Christi Life Insurance Quotes to Compare
Determining how much coverage is sufficient and which type of policy to purchase can be difficult. An agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you assess your needs and can explain the pros and cons of your many options so that you can make an informed decision.
Member agents have relationships with several different insurance providers and can use these relationships to help you obtain a variety of rate quotes. This way you can be sure that you are getting the right coverage at a competitive rate.