This central Texas city relies on manufactured homes for almost two percent of the total local housing. These homes can provide an affordable and convenient solution for many families. You can also find answers to your San Antonio, TX mobile home insurance questions right in the city.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Compare Manufactured Home Ownership Costs
- Average local mobile home price, 2009: $39,634
- Average Texas homeowners insurance premium: $1,560
- Estimated cost of new mobile home insurance vs. home insurance: 50% of the cost for a similarly sized house
- Estimated cost of mobile home insurance: $1,200 per $100,000 value
Your own San Antonio mobile home insurance rates will depend upon a number of considerations such as the age and condition of your house, the exact ZIP code and perhaps your prior claims history. Some insurers may be friendlier to this type of housing. Thus, it can really pay to compare a variety of price quotes.
San Antonio Mobile Home Insurance Discounts
If you need to find cheaper rates, consider some typical discounts you might qualify for. You may even qualify for more than one of these discounts at a time:
- Home security systems
- Mobile homes anchored to slabs
- Multiple policy discounts
- Discounts for automated billing or advance payments
Mobile Homes Compared to Traditional Homes
- Texas mobile homes as a ratio of all housing units, 2008: 7%
- Local homes as a ratio of all housing units: 1.9%
- Number of mobile homes in San Antonio, 2010 census: 8,399
- Average manufactured home building costs per square foot, 2006: $40
- Average traditional home building costs per square foot, 2006: $100
The percentage of mobile homes compared to other types of housing is lower in this city than the statewide average.
Modular Homes Compared to Manufactured Homes
Mobile homes and manufactured homes are two terms that basically refer to the same type of factory-built housing. Builders construct modular homes on a lot using factory pre-built parts. But when it comes to mobile homes and manufactured homes, builders construct them in a factory, and then deliver them to a lot.
Because builders construct modular homes on a lot per local building codes, some insurers consider them similar to traditional houses made out of wood and bricks. This could make modular homes comparatively less expensive to insure.
San Antonio Mobile Home Insurance Coverage Types
Your policy will probably consist of a bundle of different types of coverage. You can discuss these common coverage types with a local agent:
- Property damage: This covers the actual building. It may also extend to other structures on your property.
- Liability: This covers you against claims by others in case another person claims your action or negligence caused that person injury or property damage.
- Home contents: This covers your personal possessions including your jewelry, clothes, appliances and furnishings.
- Medical payments: This can help pay medical bills in case of injuries to a resident for a covered reason.
- "Loss of use" or relocation assistance: This can help you find temporary lodging if you have to evacuate your house. This might be a policy option you can select for an additional fee.
Besides this basic coverage, you might also need to purchase extra insurance for things that a basic policy excludes. This city is part of a central Texas region known as “Flash Flood Alley,” and flood insurance is not included in basic home policies. A local agent can help you find additional coverage.
San Antonio Manufactured Home Insurance Quotes
Finding the right policy and coverage options for your home does not have to be a complicated or time-consuming job. A local agent in the Trusted Choice network can do most of the hard work for you. These agents will help you compare rates from multiple insurers and select the right coverage.