Austin Motorcycle Insurance
(Learn how to find the right motorcycle insurance for you.)
The hills and lakeside roads in this central Texas city provide plenty of opportunities to enjoy motorcycle riding. According to the Texas Department of Public Safety (D.P.S.), the number of motorcyclists in the state has more than doubled in the last decade. Unfortunately that has also resulted in an increase in motorcycle accidents. Be sure you follow safety rules and purchase good Austin, TX motorcycle insurance.
A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you find the right coverage for your bike. One of these agents can answer your questions and help you compare Austin motorcycle insurance quotes from multiple insurers. Get in touch with a member agent right in your area today to find the cost-effective coverage you need.
Local Motorcycle Cost Estimates
- Liability insurance cost estimates for an adult with a good driving record: $200 - $400
- Full coverage cost estimate for an adult with a good driving record: $400 - $800
- Average price of a new motorcycle, 2009: $12,304
The specific amount you will pay for your Austin motorcycle insurance will be based on the age, model and value of your motorcycle, as well as your age, driving history, riding habits, and other factors.
Even the amount you ride your motorcycle may make a difference. If you only take your bike out for occasional trips, you might get a lower rate than somebody who uses their motorcycle to commute up and down I-35 each day.
You may qualify for insurance discounts that will reduce your rates. For example, if you have a clean driving history and have a theft prevention device installed on your bike, you may qualify for reduced rates. Some insurers provide a discount if you simply pay your premium via an automatic debit from your bank account.
You can find the right coverage at a rate you can afford by comparing Austin motorcycle insurance quotes from a handful of local companies. A Trusted Choice member agent can quickly provide you with competitive rate quotes from a variety of local insurers.
Austin Motorcycle Insurance and Operating Requirements
- Minimum liability insurance: required in TX
- Minimum liability limits: 30/60/25
- Coverage up to $30,000 for one individual and up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident, and $25,000 coverage for property damage.
- Pass an approved motorcycle basic safety class
- Own a Texas motorcycle license
In addition to these requirements, your lender may require comprehensive and collision insurance if you owe money on a motorcycle loan. You can also choose to purchase more than minimum required coverage in order to protect your investment, even if your motorcycle has been fully paid off.
The requirements listed above apply to street legal motorcycles that you ride on public roads and highways. Travis County also has dirt bike trails and sport bike tracks. If you have a dirt bike that you only ride on trails or tracks, you will have different licensing and coverage requirements. The Texas Off Highway Vehicle Program (OHV) requires registration of off-road vehicles on public trails.
Better Motorcycle Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Basic Types of Austin Motorcycle Insurance
- Property liability insurance: This portion of the policy covers another person’s property in the event you are at fault.
- Bodily injury liability insurance: This portion of the policy compensates another person for injury-related expenses if you are believed to be at fault.
- Collision: Collision covers your motorcycle in the event of an accident, regardless of fault.
- Medical payments: This optional coverage can help cover medical bills in case of an accident.
- Comprehensive: This covers "other than collision" damages and loss, such as thefts or storm damage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists: This covers you in case you are involved in an accident and the driver at fault does not have adequate insurance. It also covers hit-and-run incidents.
- Roadside assistance: This is similar to emergency roadside help for your car. You can call for a tow, battery charge, or flat tire fix.
You might just want to purchase required liability insurance or you might want to buy a complete package of protection. To make sense of the many options available, speak with a local independent agent about your unique situation. Your local agent can help you get coverage tailored to your requirements and budget.
Compare Austin Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
When you begin your quest for the right insurance coverage for your needs and budget, be sure to talk with a knowledgeable agent. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you compare multiple Austin motorcycle insurance quotes from several different insurance companies, so you can make an informed choice.
A local member agent can provide personal service and look for discounts that can help to make your coverage more affordable. Get in touch with a member agent in town today for more information about Austin motorcycle insurance.