Located in the heart of Weber County along the busy Interstate 15, Roy, UT is a charming place to live in. With a low crime rate and property prices that trend well below the national average, Roy is a great place to settle down and start a new small business. Businesses in this area have thrived from all of the attention, with a whole new world of opportunities now waiting at their fingertips. During previous years, there were 256,028 small businesses in Utah, providing employment to 504,279 people. Of course, owning a business is always risky. Recently, loss payouts to Utah businesses totaled $1,871,508.
The first step in running a successful business is making sure your investment is protected with a comprehensive Roy business insurance policy. Our Independent Insurance Agents are intimately familiar with coverage options and can help you select a policy that protects you from Roy’s most common threats. The first type of coverage every business needs is general liability. Liability lawsuits are common and expensive. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Make sure your business is prepared with the right kind of general liability insurance.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards by the courts amount to $1 million or more. It takes only a single defective product to land you in the middle of an expensive liability lawsuit. If a customer sues you claiming an injury, product liability provides the protection you need.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: For businesses that provide services rather than sell products, professional liability insurance is the best option. This type of coverage protects you against accusations of errors and omissions. If you do end up in a lawsuit, your professional liability insurance covers the costs of legal defense and any court-ordered payouts.
Business Interruption Insurance for Roy Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Utah gross state product: 3.8%
- The recent GSP increase was 1.6% more than the recent GDP increase
Earthquakes are a common occurrence in Roy. What would you do if your business were leveled by a massive earthquake? It would take weeks or even months to repair the damage to your small business. In the meantime, you would be losing valuable revenue that you need to keep your business afloat. Business interruption insurance steps in to pay you for the profits you lose during this type of unexpected interruption.
Property Insurance for Roy Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Roy is considered high risk for earthquakes, with 105 recorded since 1931 alone. Residents often deal with severe weather year-round, with extreme temperature fluctuations. It is not uncommon for temperatures to exceed 100 in the summer months and dip below zero in the winter. With weather posing a threat year-round, make sure you are prepared by investing in commercial property insurance. If your business gets thrashed in a storm, you can file a claim with your business insurance company and get the funds you need to make repairs and get back to work as soon as possible.
Workers' Compensation for Roy Businesses
Workman’s compensation is coverage that every employer should have in place before even beginning the hiring process. Workers' compensation safeguards your business by paying for medical care and lost wages after a work-related injury. Across most of the United States, employers are now legally required to have it. It is the responsible thing to do as an employer.
Employee Coverages for Roy Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Utah: $282,462
- Ranked 15th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,096/person or $15,341/family
Across the nation, health care is getting more expensive. This makes it near impossible for employers to find affordable benefits to offer employees. Don’t give up hope yet. Our agents can help you find affordable employee coverages by providing quotes from multiple policies. By taking the time to compare rates, you can drastically cut the costs of health insurance and life insurance plans for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Roy Businesses
- 1,586 identity theft complaints in Utah in recent years
- Ranked #42 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Research shows that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. Cyber crime is a growing problem in Roy for small businesses. Most businesses don’t have a plan in place to deal with a data breach or a hacker. Cyber crime coverage offers the protection you need when your business is the most vulnerable.
If you are ready to start your search for affordable business insurance, start by calling an insurance agent. Our experienced agents can walk you through your options, answer your questions and point you toward the coverages that will best protect your small business against Roy’s most common threats.
To learn more about your options for Roy commercial insurance coverage, contact an agent and get a free rate quote today.