Why consider TrustedChoice.com and why do people like working here?
TrustedChoice.com connects thousands of insurance shoppers each month to independent insurance agents across the country. As engineers, we work on a variety of technical products that contribute direct value towards achieving this mission. Our team values communication and transparency and has the autonomy to really solve problems. We embrace change, focus on delivering value, and demand quality.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help our team enhance product value and quality. Software Engineer responsibilities encompass the entire software development lifecycle. This includes exploring user requirements, planning the implementation of new features, writing code to enact that implementation, maintaining tests, peer reviewing code, and maintaining deployed software. Our platform is built on a Java + Spring Boot Web API backend with a server-side rendered website and Angular single-page application frontend.
As a Senior engineer, you should be very comfortable working anywhere in the tech stack and have hands-on experience designing and architecting complex solutions. You will be part of a highly collaborative team and have a history of accelerating and growing your peers. You should have opinions founded in your experiences and help us make good decisions and create great software.
All engineers are expected to work on the full stack, but we strive to do everything as a team, because nobody knows everything.
- Full stack application development in a three-tier architecture using Java Spring Boot, PostgreSQL with Hibernate, and front-end platforms like Angular.
- Collaborate with teammates on the full cycle of feature development, from planning to peer review and maintenance.
- Champion best practices and standards for the team.
- Author and review technical specifications and design documents to fulfill product requirements.
- Contribute significant code that raises the quality of our codebase.
- Fluency in a statically-typed object-oriented programming language, such as C# or Java.
- The desire to write code with empathy – we work as a team.
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence, and results.
- An eagerness to support your teammates through advice and mentorship.
- Specific experience with Java Spring Boot.
- Specific experience with Angular.
- Comfort and experience building projects with AWS or similar cloud offerings such as Azure or GCP.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
TrustedChoice.com is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.