Why consider TrustedChoice.com and why do people like working here?
TrustedChoice.com connects thousands of insurance shoppers each month to independent insurance agents across the country. As engineers, we work on a variety of technical products that contribute direct value towards achieving this mission. Our team values communication and transparency and has the autonomy to really solve problems. We embrace change, focus on delivering value, and demand quality.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to help our team enhance product value and quality. Software Engineer responsibilities encompass the entire software development lifecycle. This includes exploring user requirements, planning the implementation of new features, writing code to enact that implementation, maintaining tests, peer reviewing code, and maintaining deployed software. Our platform is built on a Java + Spring Boot Web API backend with a server-side rendered website and Angular single-page application frontend.
All engineers are expected to work on the full stack, but we strive to do everything as a team, because nobody knows everything.
- Full stack application development in a three-tier architecture using Java Spring Boot, PostgreSQL with Hibernate, and front-end platforms like Angular.
- Contributing quality code that adds value to our products.
- Collaborating with teammates on the full cycle of feature development, from planning to peer review and maintenance.
- Communicating on progress, plans, changes, and ideas.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming fundamentals and application design.
- The desire to write code with empathy – we work as a team.
- A track record of being able to learn and ask questions.
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence, and results.
- Positive, can-do attitude and a helpful demeanor.
- Experience with Java Spring Boot.
- Comfort and experience building projects with AWS or similar cloud offerings such as Azure or GCP.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
TrustedChoice.com is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.