Burlington, MA has been a hub for small businesses since the beginning. In the early days, local businesses focused on selling rye, local hops and locally manufactured shoes to buyers in the neighboring big city of Boston. Today, Burlington's small businesses include a variety of industries, from doctors to lawyers to restaurant owners and contractors. During previous years, there were 615,775 small businesses in Massachusetts, providing jobs to 1,404,234 people. During the same year, these businesses were paid $6,530,654 for losses. As a small-business owner, you are pouring your heart and soul into your business in hopes that it will succeed. You can minimize your risks by investing in the best Burlington business insurance.
Our experienced Independent Insurance Agents specialize in connecting small-business owners with commercial policies that protect against the most common risks like liability, property damage, and cyber crime. Liability insurance offers an umbrella of protection against personal injury, negligence and malpractice claims. Our Independent agents will help you select a policy that makes the most sense for your business, allowing you to choose from these three main types of liability coverage.
- General Liability: General liability insurance protects your business from a number of potential threats, but it's especially important that it protects you against customer injuries. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards and 53 percent of medical malpractice awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. If you sell a product that causes physical or property damage to a customer, the result can be devastating on many levels. A million-dollar lawsuit can be enough to put many small businesses out in the cold. Product liability insurance is a smart way to protect your company against this serious risk.
- Professional Liability: Imagine for a moment that you advised a business to make some changes to its current business structure. It took your advice only half-heartedly, and the results were disastrous. Now you're being sued for damaging the company even though your advice wasn't actually followed entirely. Unfortunately, this scenario happens nearly every day, and professional liability insurance is the only way to guarantee that you're covered if this happens to you.
Business Interruption Insurance for Small Business
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Massachusetts gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP was 0.6% lower than the recent GDP
Business interruption insurance protects small businesses against loss of profits from unexpected events like natural disasters. If your business is hit by a tornado and you need to cease operations while your repairs are being completed, business interruption insurance returns lost income at the end of the year.
Property Insurance for Small Business
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
In Burlington, hurricanes are a real threat to small businesses. Even if you escape hurricane damage, there are many other ways your business property could be damaged or destroyed. Whether it's a robbery, a hail storm or a fire that impacts your business, property insurance is an important component of any commercial policy.
Employee Coverages for Small Business
- Total recent spending on premiums in Massachusetts: $1,061,981
- Ranked 36th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $6,379/person or $17,424/family
- Average national cost of workers' compensation per employee: $612
As a small-business owner, you can have a difficult time finding affordable health care for your employees. Our Independent Agents can help you navigate the complicated world of employee coverages and find budget-friendly options for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Small Business
- 5,116 Identity theft complaints in Massachusetts in recent years
- Ranked 25th highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber breaches. Unfortunately, many business owners just don't think about this threat until it's too late. Cyber crime insurance can protect you from this threat and give you an effective response plan to protect your profits. If you're a small-business owner in Burlington, you've got a lot riding on your company's future. Our Independent Insurance Agents are intimately familiar with the struggles you face as you try to help your business succeed. Our agents will walk you through the process of building a commercial insurance plan that will protect your company against the unique threats you face in the Burlington marketplace.
Contact an agent today, and receive quotes on multiple policies so you can compare your options and choose a Burlington business insurance policy that is right for you.