The town of Danvers does not experience traffic to the degree that a larger city like Boston does; however, its roadways can sometimes be rather busy. Whether you are merging onto the Yankee Division Highway, passing a tractor-trailer on Interstate 95, or just driving down Cabot Road on your way to root on the Falcons at Danvers High School, you are at risk for a motor vehicle collision every time you get behind the wheel of your car. This risk increases in relation to the number of other drivers on the road with you. That is why it is to your benefit to protect yourself from financial losses in the wake of an accident by carrying a suitable Danvers auto insurance policy.
Finding quality insurance at an affordable price is easy when you work with an independent insurance agent. These local agents can quickly provide you with a selection of competitively priced Danvers car insurance quotes from a variety of reputable insurers. They can also explain your various coverage options and answer your insurance-related questions. Find an agent near you to learn more.
- National Average Cost per year: $1,311
- Massachusetts Average Cost per year: $1,460
- 16th Most Expensive Auto Premium in the U.S.
Auto insurance rates in Massachusetts are considerably higher than the national average. However, these average rates can only give you a general idea of what your actual costs might be. Auto insurance rates vary significantly from one person to the next because they are calculated using several different variables. When determining the cost of your Danvers auto insurance premiums, insurance companies will consider:
- The make, model, year and other information about the vehicle(s) you wish to insure as indicated by its vehicle identification number (VIN)
- The age, sex, and driving record of all licensed drivers in your household who will be included on your policy
- Where you live (your ZIP code) and park your car (i.e. a garage, a carport, driveway, street, etc.)
- The amount of liability coverage you wish to purchase
- How low you want your deductible to be
- Whether you qualify for any offered policy discounts
Every insurance has its own way of calculating risk and determining rates, so comparison-shopping puts you at an advantage by enabling you to choose the policy that offers the best quote.
Massachusetts Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily Injury Liability: required
- Property Damage Liability: required
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): required
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: required
- Minimum Liability Limits: 20/40/5; Coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $20,000 for one individual, and $5,000 coverage for property damage. Drivers must also carry at least $8,000 in personal injury protection.
Massachusetts requires drivers to carry auto insurance coverage that meets or exceeds these state-mandated minimums. While these liability limits are higher than in many states, they are not always high enough to fully protect your finances. For example, if you are responsible for a collision that results in several people being severely injured, your liability costs can easily exceed $40,000. Though Massachusetts is a “no-fault” state when medical costs exceed $2,000, you can still be sued, and you would then be responsible for making up the difference out of pocket.
If you have a lot to lose, you may want to safeguard your assets by purchasing as much liability coverage as you can reasonably afford when you are buying your Danvers car insurance policy. Your agent can help you review rates for different levels of coverage, and can help you secure an umbrella insurance policy if you want even more liability coverage than a policy will allow.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Massachusetts
- How many US drivers are uninsured: 12.6%
- How many Massachusetts drivers are uninsured: 3.90%
Driving without insurance in Massachusetts has serious consequences. If you are caught, you will face suspension of your driver’s license and vehicle registration and fines between $500 and $5,000, and you can even face imprisonment for up to one year. These harsh penalties may explain why this state has the lowest rate of uninsured drivers in the county. Because this state requires drivers to carry uninsured motorists coverage, you do not need to worry about suffering financial losses if an uninsured driver causes a collision with you. Your insurance company will take up the slack.
Number of Auto Thefts in Massachusetts
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Massachusetts number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 1.91
The rate of car theft in the state of Massachusetts is lower than the national average; and in Danvers, it is even lower. In previous years, there were only 20 auto thefts reported in this town. That equates to about 0.72 car thefts per every 1,000 vehicles. If your car is stolen or damaged by vandals, your insurance company will only provide you with compensation if your auto policy includes comprehensive (or “other than collision”) insurance. This optional coverage can also compensate you for damages caused by such things as vandalism, flying debris, falling objects, floods, and non-collision fires. If you are still paying for your vehicle, you probably carry comprehensive insurance already because most lenders require it until the loan is paid in full.
Find a Danvers Car Insurance Policy
If you are looking for an affordable Danvers auto insurance policy that will provide the right coverage for you and your family, it is to your benefit to work with an agent. These agents are free to work with several insurance companies, so they can collect a variety of suitable policies and costs for you to compare. As the owner of a vehicle, you are required to carry auto insurance, but you are not required to overpay for it. There are several agents located throughout the state of Massachusetts, and some have offices in and near the town of Danvers.
Find an agent near you and discover how comparing Danvers car insurance quotes can help you get your policy the best price.