Parenting Magazine rated Boston the best city in America in which to raise a family. From great schools to excellent medical care and the many cultural opportunities, it is little wonder that so many residents of Boston are embracing their roles as parents. As a provider for your family, you will want to be sure to secure your family’s financial stability with a suitable Boston, MA life insurance policy.
Because there is a big difference in the types of life insurance policies available, selecting the best option can sometimes be confusing. An independent insurance agent in our network can help. Member agents can help you determine which insurance best meets your unique coverage needs. By using their relationships with a variety of insurance carriers, network agents can easily provide a choice of competitively-priced policies. Contact an agent in your ZIP code today and receive Boston life insurance quotes.
Life Expectancy Rates in Boston
- Entire population: 78.5
- Males: 75.1
- Females: 81.4
- Caucasians: 79.1
- African Americans: 73.8
- Latinos: 80.3
Nobody knows for certain how long they will live, so it is best to lock in rates on life insurance while you are young and healthy. The longer you wait, the more expensive your premiums will be. If you have dependents that rely on you for financial support, it is never too early to ensure that they will be provided for after an unexpected tragedy.
Leading Causes of Death in Boston
- Cancer: 930 deaths; affected 189.5 of every 100,000 people
- Heart Disease: 751 deaths; affected 148.4 of every 100,000 people
- Injuries: 304 deaths; affected 53.6 of every 100,000 people
- Stroke: 175 deaths; affected 34.3 of every 100,000 people
- Substance Abuse: 165 deaths; affects 31.2 of every 100,000 people
There are many things you can do to increase your chances of living a long and healthy life, including eating healthy foods, getting plenty of exercise and not smoking. However, not every illness or accident is unavoidable. If something serious happens to you, you can at least have peace-of-mind in knowing that your loved ones are protected by your Boston life insurance policy.
The Different Types of Boston Life Insurance
There are a few different types of insurance policies on the market. The policy that is best for you will fit your life situation, budget, and personal preferences. Here are some of the main types of Boston life insurance:
- Term life insurance is the least expensive type of life insurance policy you can buy. It is purchased for a certain term, usually 10 to 30 years, and it provides death benefits to your beneficiaries if you pass away while the policy is in effect. This type of policy has no cash value and once it expires, it cannot be renewed at the same rates.
- Whole life insurance is a type of permanent life insurance. Your premium payments are invested and build up a cash value. You may cash this policy in at any time, or you can allow it to build up to serve as a payment to your beneficiaries upon your death. These policies are significantly more expensive than term life insurance policies.
- Universal life insurance is a flexible policy that combines the benefits of term and whole life insurance. These policies accrue cash value and you can take loans out against your built-up capital. You have the option to pay more than your scheduled premiums if you wish, and you can use your accumulated earnings to cover your premium payments when necessary.
Finding Your Ideal Boston Life Insurance Policy
Choosing which Boston life insurance policy is best for you is a personal decision. An independent insurance agent in our network can help you make an informed choice by answering your questions and by explaining how each different type of policy works. Our agents have pledged to provide outstanding customer service as well as honest and ethical advice. Your neighborhood member agent can help you determine how much insurance coverage your family needs and can help you find a policy that meets your coverage and budgetary needs.
Contact a local independent agent now to receive a variety of Boston life insurance quotes.