Infinity Insurance Insurance Company at a Glance
- Founded in 1955
- The Kemper Corporation is the parent company
- Second largest writer of non-standard automobile insurance in the nation
- Offers auto insurance, business insurance, life insurance, and home insurance
- Coverage available in 50 states and the District of Columbia
- “A-” (excellent) rating by A.M. Best
- “A-” (excellent) rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Also offers health and valuables coverage
- 24/7 claims reporting with email option
- Strong financial stability
- Online or by phone claims reporting
- Free DriverClub® membership
Infinity Insurance pros: Well-established carrier with more than 65 years’ worth of experience in the insurance industry. Highly rated by A.M. Best and the BBB. 24/7 claims reporting via online or by phone. Strong financial stability. Coverage available in 50 states and the District of Columbia. Online or by phone claims reporting.
Infinity Insurance cons: Not BBB accredited. Difficult to find customer positive feedback. Official website could use an update. Negative customer reviews.
What Type of Insurance Does Infinity Insurance Offer?
Infinity Insurance is a broad insurance company, with coverage for autos, home, life, and business insurance. Their products offered are as follows.
- Vehicle insurance:
- Classic car
- Business insurance
- Commercial auto
- Commercial general liability
- Business owners policy (BOP)
- Property insurance
- Mobile home
- Other products
- Infinity DriverClub® an industry-leading 24/7 roadside assistance program
Your independent insurance agent can help you find more information about the coverage offered by Infinity Insurance, and help you decide if this insurance company is right for you.
What to Know about Infinity Insurance
Infinity Insurance was founded in 1955, giving the carrier more than 65 years’ worth of experience in the insurance industry. Infinity Insurance ranks among the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country.
Today, Infinity Insurance still focuses its efforts on providing auto, life, home, and business solutions for clients in need. Coverage is available in 50 states and the District of Columbia. The insurance company's LinkedIn profile states that Infinity Insurance has between 1,001 and 5,000 employees, with nearly 1,000 of them found on the social media platform. As far as financial size, A.M. Best places the carrier in the $1.25 billion to $1.5 billion category.
Thanks to its prosperous history, wide reach, and financial strength, Infinity Insurance has earned a reputation as a stable insurance company with a positive outlook for the future. A.M. Best, the leading global credit rating agency monitoring the insurance industry, gives Infinity Insurance an “A-” rating, indicating the carrier is an excellent choice for insurance customers. High ratings from A.M. Best assure customers that Infinity Insurance can offer guaranteed, secure coverage from a financially sound carrier.
Established in 1899, A.M. Best is one of the oldest rating companies in the world. Reviews from A.M. Best indicate an insurance company’s financial strength and creditworthiness and are based on comprehensive evaluations of the company’s operating performance, business profile, and balance sheet. For customers who are not as familiar with insurance companies’ respective reputations, A.M. Best’s ratings system allows them to make an informed decision about who they can trust to meet their needs in the short term, and who will remain a strong, financially sound company in the long term.
What Discounts Does Infinity Insurance Offer?
Infinity Insurance makes information about their specific discounts readily available on their official website. These discounts include the following.
- Infinity DriverClub® discount: Clients and non-clients who join the Infinity DriverClub® can gain access to 24/7 nationwide roadside assistance.
- Multi-car discount: Clients who have more than one car insured on their policy are eligible for this discount.
- Mature driver improvement course discount: Drivers over the age of 55 who take a driving improvement course are eligible for this discount.
- Good student discount: Full-time students with at least a ‘B’ average can qualify for this discount with Infinity.
- Renewal discount: Clients that renew their policy with Infinity qualify for savings to reward loyalty shown by its policyholders.
- Homeowners discount: Clients who own a home, could see savings on their car insurance policy.
- Paid-in-full discount: Clients who pay their entire premium up front, rather than monthly, are eligible for this discount.
- Advanced quote discount: Clients who shop for their next policy, or renew with Infinity, or switch to Infinity at least six days before their current policy ends are eligible for this discount.
- Safety feature discount: If a client’s vehicle is equipped with airbags, anti-lock brakes, and an anti-theft device, they could earn this discount.
- Paperless discount: Clients who go paperless qualify for this discount.
- Online quote discount: Clients receive savings when they start their quote online.
- Accident free/years clean discount: If a client has been without an accident or violation for the past 35 months, they are eligible for this discount.
An independent insurance agent can provide better discount information and premium quotes for coverage through Infinity Insurance. When it comes to coverage, independent insurance agents work hard to help get you more value for the money.
Infinity Insurance Customer Service
Infinity Insurance offers 24/7 online and phone claims reporting for its policyholders. The carrier also provides the following customer service options.
- Online bill pay
- Email contact option
- View claim information
- Manage policy
- Customer service availability - General customer service agents are available during business hours as listed below.
|Monday-Friday||7am - 10pm|
|Saturday||8am - 7pm|
The best way to assure a good customer service experience is to work with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents can help handle claims and other matters for you, so you can unwind and appreciate your coverage.
Infinity Insurance FAQ
What is Infinity Insurance's average claim response time frame?
Infinity Insurance offers claims reporting through a couple of mediums. However, the insurance company does not provide an official claims response time frame promise. Infinity Insurance does encourage customers to file claims ASAP after an incident.
What is Infinity Insurance's customer service availability?
Infinity Insurance allows customers to file claims over the phone or online 24/7. Their customer service business hours are displayed on their official website, social media pages, and when calling the carrier. The carrier’s social media presence extends across Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, which makes them more available to customers.
What is Infinity Insurance's claims process?
Infinity Insurance offers a couple of options for claims reporting. The insurance company details their claims process on their official website.
- Clients call the insurance company’s toll-free claims department, and a team member speaks with them immediately.
- Clients are given a personalized information card with all the instructions they will need in the event of an accident. It also tells them how to contact their “One-On-One” staff.
- They will specify the necessary documents needed and where to send them, depending on a client’s specific circumstances.
- Clients will receive clear instructions to ensure they get what they need to process claims as soon as possible.
- After the insurance company gets the required information, an adjuster will be assigned to the case who will then call to discuss the claim. This can result in the claim being settled on the first call from the adjuster.
- Depending on the complexity of the claim, a few more steps may need to be taken before the claim can be resolved. The adjuster may require a police report, may want to contact the other parties, conduct interviews and/or inspections, handle other details, and seek additional information during the investigation.
- The adjuster may invite them into the process to determine the amount and extent of the damage.
- An adjuster will work with clients and every other person involved to reach a settlement ASAP.
If customers have questions about filing or the claims process itself, they can contact the carrier via phone or email or get in touch with their independent insurance agent.
Does Infinity Insurance's website create a user-friendly experience for customers?
Infinity Insurance Customer Reviews
|“Infinity auto insurance earned 3.5 stars out of 5 stars for overall performance. NerdWallet’s ratings are determined by our editorial team. The scoring formula takes into account pricing and discounts, ease of filing a claim, website transparency, financial strength, complaint data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and more.”|
|“The WalletHub rating is comprised of reviews from both WalletHub users and ratings on other reputable websites. The rating was last updated on 11/24/2020.”|
|“I recently had the misfortune of colliding with a car that entered the road from a parking lot without stopping. Kemper (Infinity Insurance) contacted me immediately after receiving the accident report, supplying the contact information of the collision and medical adjuster. Both adjusters were extremely helpful and caring in their support!” —Hella W of Richland, NY|
|“I got into a car accident in the beginning of December and the accident was not my fault since the driver came into my lane. The driver was covered by Infinity Insurance and they have sent me about 5 letters claiming that they have been trying to contact me but that is not true. I never received one single phone call from them. I talked to my insurance company which is Geico and they have already ruled that it is the other driver fault. Every time I have tried to call the number they gave me, it goes straight to voicemail and I have left a couple voicemails already. The customer service that this company offers is nonexistent and I am very disappointed.” —Nicole K.|
|“I have to be honest... Got this insurance through freeway insurance... Then after I committed, I saw the reviews on yelp. My heart dropped...But when the day came where I hit an animal and needed to file the claim, I was shocked. Everything went smoothly in a timely fashion. I mean my vehicle only needed about 2600$ in repair, but they paid it and my insurance didn't go up... I did have to pay $250 deductible of course. That's expected though. Maybe my expereince was a fluke but thus far, I have no complaints about them except they should have auto pay online. Have had them for 3 years now.” —BH|
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award Infinity Insurance Company a final rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars. The insurance company has been around for 65 years now, which is notable within the insurance industry. However, it seems the carrier has not used this time to their advantage. Though Infinity Insurance has received high ratings through A.M. Best and the BBB, they have not been accredited through the latter organization and have had several customer complaints filed against them in recent years. Coverage is available in 50 states and the District of Columbia, their catalog is extremely diverse, with a focus on home, life, business, and auto insurance. The insurance company provides 24/7 claims reporting via online or phone and online bill pay and account management, and it lists its business hours for the customer service department on their official website and social media pages. There are also tons of information about the carrier’s coverage on their official website, and there is an outline of their claims process. It is a bit challenging to find positive customer feedback about the insurance company online, but they have a few reviews that are really positive. Fortunately, at this time it is easy to say many positive things about this carrier. So, our recommendation is that if you are in the market for home, life, auto, or business insurance, review your options for trusted carriers with your independent insurance agent, and take a better look into Infinity Insurance.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.