New York Central Mutual (NYCM) Insurance Company at a Glance
- Founded in 1899
- Offers personal and business coverages
- Rated "A" (excellent) by AM Best
- Rated "A+" (excellent) by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- 24/7 phone customer service
NYCM Insurance pros: Longstanding carrier with more than a century's worth of experience in the industry. Offers several forms of personal and commercial coverage. Highly rated by AM Best, the BBB, and customers. Offers 24/7 customer service.
NYCM Insurance cons: A few complaints filed through the BBB.
To find insurance in your state, use our national insurance company directory to find the best company to meet your needs. You can locate insurance companies that specialize in your specific coverage needs and get connected to an agent near you.
What Type of Insurance Does NYCM Insurance Offer?
Here's an overview of the products offered by NYCM Insurance.
- Homeowners insurance
- Auto insurance
- Mobile home insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Flood insurance
- Condo insurance
- Business insurance
Your independent insurance agent can help you find more information about the coverages offered by NYCM Insurance, and help you decide if this insurance company is right for you.
What to Know about NYCM Insurance
New York Central Mutual, or NYCM Insurance, was founded in 1899, giving the carrier nearly a century and a quarter's worth of experience within the industry. The insurance company is headquartered in central New York state. NYCM offers several types of insurance for individuals, and business insurance for commercial customers.
NYCM Insurance offers its coverage through a network of more than 1,200 independent insurance agents. Independent insurance agents provide the best possible customer service experience. The carrier also proudly declares to have more than 525,000 policyholders presently.
Thanks to its extensive history, large catalogue of products, and work with independent insurance agents, NYCM Insurance has earned a reputation over time as a stable and reliable insurance company. AM Best gives NYCM Insurance an overall “A” rating, indicating the carrier is an excellent choice for insurance customers.
Established in 1899, AM Best is one of the oldest rating companies in the world. Reviews from AM Best indicate an insurance company’s financial strength and creditworthiness and are based on comprehensive evaluations of the company’s operating performance, business profile, and annual report.
Find The Right Company Today.
Shopping for a company? We have the right one for you.
What Discounts Does NYCM Insurance Offer?
Here are a few of the discounts NYCM Insurance offers on its homeowners insurance, as listed on the official website.
- Work from home discount: Named insureds who work from home may be eligible for a 5% work from home discount.
- Claim free discount: The discount is applied when the risk has been claim free for five consecutive years. If you qualify, you receive a 10% discount.
- Green discount: A green discount of 5% will apply if proof of certification is provided that the building has been certified as Green by the US Green Building Council LEED for homes rating system, or meets the requirements of the National Association of Home Builders Green Building Guidelines (NAHB).
- Gated community discount: This discount is applicable to Homeowner policies where the insured premises is within a gated community. A gated community is a subdivision or neighborhood, often surrounded by a barrier to which entry is restricted to residents and their guests.
- Protective device discount: Approved and properly maintained installations of burglar alarms, fire alarms, automatic sprinklers, water alert systems, temperature alert systems, portable or automatic generators, dead bolts and fire extinguishers in the dwelling may qualify for a premium credit.
For more information about NYCM Insurance's available discounts, work with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents work hard to get you the most affordable coverage.
NYCM Insurance Customer Service
Here's an overview of NYCM Insurance's customer service options and availability.
24/7 phone contact option
- Email contact option
- Virtual care specialists available online
- Snail mail contact option
To ensure a great customer service experience, work together with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents can help handle claims and other matters for you, so you can relax and enjoy your coverage.
NYCM Insurance FAQ
What is NYCM Insurance's average claim response time frame?
Since NYCM Insurance provides 24/7 claims reporting, customers have an excellent chance of having their claims responded to immediately.
What is NYCM Insurance's customer service availability?
NYCM Insurance is available for customers via phone, 24/7. The carrier allows customers to contact it through several mediums, including a virtual chat assistant on the official website.
What is NYCM Insurance's claims process?
NYCM Insurance does not detail much information about its claims process beyond how to file. However, an independent insurance agent can file claims for you, and keep you updated through every step of the process.
Does NYCM Insurance create a user-friendly experience for customers?
NYCM Insurance has an excellent website and customer service availability. The carrier also has an extensive social media presence, making for an overall highly user-friendly experience.
Does NYCM have good renters insurance?
NYCM Insurance offers several forms of coverage including renters insurance. As listed on the official website, NYCM's renters policies include the following coverages.
- "Theft & vandalism: This includes malicious mischief, theft and vandalism.
- Liability: This includes bodily injury, damages, legal expenses and medical expenses.
- Extreme weather: This includes wind damage, freezing, lightning, hail, weight of ice and more.
- Fire & water damage: This includes fire damage, smoke damage, water damage, accidental discharge of water and overflow of water."
An independent insurance agent can help you find more information about NYCM Insurance's renters insurance, and help you decide if it's the right policy for you.
Is NYCM Insurance a good insurance company?
NYCM Insurance has been around in the industry for more than a century now and is highly rated by AM Best and the BBB. The carrier offers several forms of coverage for individuals and businesses. Many customer reviews are also highly positive, overall making it obvious that NYCM Insurance is indeed a good carrier.
NYCM Insurance Customer Reviews
|So far they have been a very good company to work with, when looking for a company to cover my home that met my insurance needs at a reasonable price they came out on top over other companies. Setting up payment from my escrow account was easy to do and have not had any issues with payments late, like I did with my previous company. I would highly recommend anyone in NY looking for affordable home owners insurance to seriously look at NY Central Mutual Insurance for your quote.|
|Really very happy with my premium and coverage. They offer a rider for glass, hail, deer damage. Great option to have!|
|A truly professional yet friendly office. They are always there when we need them and have yet to let us down.|
|This is a company that provides top class services in New York City. I am very satisfied with this insurance company.|
|Good company to work with and helpful/knowledgeable customer service. They provide their bills on time and good communication.|
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award NYCM Insurance a final rating of 5 out of 5 stars. For starters, the insurance company has been around in the industry for going on a century and a quarter now. The carrier is highly rated by AM Best, the BBB, and customers alike.
NYCM Insurance offers several forms of coverage for both commercial and individual customers. We also love that NYCM Insurance works with a large network of independent insurance agents to help provide customers with the best overall experience possible. The 24/7 customer service department is an excellent bonus as well.
Altogether, we highly recommend looking into New York Central Mutual insurance company with the help of your independent insurance agent to be your next trusted carrier.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.