Living in Manchester you get the best of both worlds. It's the 10th largest city in New England, and residents have an advantage over smaller towns by having lots of restaurant diversity and nightlife options. Since it is also one of the top 100 cheapest places to live in the US, taking advantage of all that Manchester has to offer is affordable. There are many advantages to living in a big city that has a small-town feel, but don’t let your guard down when it comes to Manchester, NH car insurance. Residents are just as susceptible to a car accident as those living in larger cities.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
New Hampshire Car Insurance Requirements
- Financial Responsibility Only: insurance not compulsory
- Uninsured Motorist: required
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): not required
- Minimum liability limits: 25/50/25
- Coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $25,000 for one individual, and $25,000 coverage for property damage.
- In addition, policyholders must carry at least $1,000 for medical payments.
If you purchase liability insurance, you must at least buy the legal minimum, but it’s highly recommended that you purchase more. If a standard insurance policy can’t satisfy your liability needs, an umbrella policy may provide the extra protection you seek.
New Hampshire Uninsured Motorists
- National uninsured motorists: 12.6%
- New Hampshire uninsured motorists: 9.3%
- Average vehicle repair cost in New Hampshire: $2,127
The number of uninsured motorists in New Hampshire is considerably lower than the national average, but there is always a chance that you will be involved in an accident where the at-fault driver has no coverage. Your uninsured motorist coverage will help you recoup damage and losses from such a driver faster, as your insurance company will provide immediate compensation.
Car Thefts in New Hampshire
- National vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 2.94
- New Hampshire vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 0.84
The rate of vehicle theft in New Hampshire is far lower than the national rate, but common-sense precautions are always needed. To avoid having your car stolen, always remember to lock your doors and park in well-lit areas. Comprehensive Manchester car insurance will protect your car during non-collision accidents like theft, fire, or severe weather. Just make sure that the total value of your car is worth the extra premium.
New Hampshire Car Insurance Costs
- National average annual premium: $1,311
- New Hampshire average annual premium average: $905
- 47th most expensive premiums in the US
Premiums in New Hampshire are considerably below the national average, but keep in mind that this is just an estimate of your actual cost for Manchester car insurance. While there are many factors that determine your premium, safe driving is the key to low car insurance premiums; an excellent driving record can help to keep your premiums low.
To compare affordable Manchester auto insurance quotes and find the right coverage for your needs, contact an independent insurance agent today.