It can be hard to find the a good condo insurance company when several different companies are offering policies with so many variations and rates. You will need to first determine your coverage needs and budget and then find the companies that can meet those needs. Working with an agent is an excellent way to get help, especially if you are not sure what you need.
Member agents in the Trusted Choice® network can assist you when you are comparison shopping for a condo policy. These agents have relationships with several insurance companies and can help you compare condo insurance policies to find the best option for your unique coverage needs. Your agent can explain the differences and similarities between policies so you can make an informed decision. Find an agent today to assist you in your search for the best condo insurance.
Trusted Choice vs. Big Brands
The Trusted Choice brand is built on the customer focused integrity of more than 300,000 business owners, agents and employees nationwide. With more local insurance agents than State Farm and GEICO, this network of agencies serves more consumers and pays out more claims
Comparison Shopping Can Be Time Consuming
- More than 500 insurance companies provide condo insurance policies.
- Insurance professionals recommend getting multiple quotes before making a decision.
- It usually takes about 15 minutes to get an insurance quote, whether you get the quote online or from an insurance agent.
Several Ways to Compare Condo Insurance Policies
When searching for condominium insurance, many people start by getting quotes online. This is a fast and effective way to get prelimiary information and purchase a policy with ease. You may find that you have questions or would like some advice, which is where an independent agent could be of great help to you.
Independent agents work for the consumer, not an insurance company. An independent agent’s role is to compare various policies, provide the information to you, and help you to evaluate your choices. Your agent will also be able to find all available condo insurance deals and discounts.
Factors to Consider When Reviewing Policy Options
Policies can differ in many ways. When you are looking at condo insurance quote comparisons, remember that the lowest priced policies may not provide adequate coverage. Be sure to consider the following factors:
- Deductibles: Policies with high deductibles will cost less money but will require more out-of-pocket costs when you file a claim. Many insurance companies offer a range of deductible options while others may have a standard deductible amount. Be sure to ask what your options are and find out how much your deductible costs will affect your policy rates.
- Personal property caps: When you purchase a policy to cover your personal property, the items that must be covered are generally categorized into different groups such as clothing, furniture, jewelry and cash. Each group will have an assigned coverage cap. Even if your policy provides $50,000 worth of contents coverage, if you are robbed of $20,000 worth of jewelry and your insurance cap on jewelry is $10,000, your reimbursement will only cover half of your total loss.
If you own property in excess of the caps instituted by the various insurance companies, it's a good idea to purchase an additional endorsement, or rider, to obtain full coverage.
- Liability coverage: Most insurance experts agree that the more liability coverage you can afford, the better. The costs are not usually significantly higher for additional liability coverage, but the added protection you will receive in the event of a liability lawsuit can be invaluable.
Some insurance companies have a designated amount of liability coverage you can include in your condo insurance policy, while others will allow you to choose how much liability insurance you want to purchase. Be sure to ask about your liability coverage options and prices when comparing policies.
- Actual-value vs. replacement-cost coverage: Actual-value coverage will provide you with compensation for lost or damaged goods based on their depreciated values. Replacement-cost coverage will provide you with enough money to purchase new items to replace the ones you have lost.
Naturally, replacement-cost coverage is more expensive to buy. However, you may decide that being able to afford to replace all of your property following a devastating loss is worth the extra cost. If you are interested in this sort of coverage, be sure to find out if the insurance companies you are considering offer that option, and at what cost.
- Named-risk vs. all-risk coverage: Some policies offer coverage only for specific, or named-risk, hazards. It's a good idea to read the policy terms carefully to avoid choosing a policy for its low price only to discover that it will not cover your loss.
- Help with your claims: Consider whether you will have a person to call whocan provide individual assistance when you file a claim. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can advocate for you in the event of a claim.
Get Condo Insurance to Meet Your Needs
Trusted Choice member agents want to see you get the best possible condo insurance at a great rate. These agents will ensure that the policy you choose adequately suits your needs. Independent agents can explain your condo or townhome insurance coverage and how it will help you after a loss.
With an independent Trusted Choice member agent by your side, you can rest assured that you have chosen your condo insurance company wisely. Contact a local, independent Trusted Choice member agent near you today and begin exploring your many condo insurance coverage options.
« End of box »