Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group Insurance at a Glance
- Founded in 1967
- “A-” (excellent) rating by Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- “A+” (excellent) rating by AM Best
- Offers only business insurance
- Large network of independent insurance agents
- Strong financial stability
- Supplies businesses in eight states
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group pros: Established company with 54 years worth of experience in the insurance industry. Provides a full range of business insurance. Offers great rates on business insurance.
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group cons: Very few customer reviews. Not BBB accredited.
What Type of Insurance Does Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group Offer?
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group is a specialty insurance company that caters to businesses and offers only one type of coverage, which includes the following.
- Business auto
- Business income
- Crisis management enhancement endorsement
- Cyber liability
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Equipment breakdown
- General liability
- Harvested fruit stored outside buildings
- Host liquor
- Inland marine
- Liability assumed by contracts
- Liquor liability
- Manufacturers errors and omissions (E&O)
- Printers errors and omissions (E&O) and correction of work
- Product recall coverage
- Sales samples and stock
- Special events/fund raising events endorsement
- Umbrella insurance
- Vendors coverage
- Workers’ compensation
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group offers a range of coverage options to businesses. So, whether you are in the market for equipment breakdown insurance, workers’ compensation, inland marine, or a combination, Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group might be the best choice for your business.
Using our insurance company directory can help you find the best insurance companies that specialize in your specific coverage needs. The company directory can also help you get connected to an agent near you.
What to Know about Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group was founded in 1967, making it a well-established insurance carrier with over 50 years worth of experience in offering quality insurance policies to businesses in need. The insurance company currently supplies coverage to eight states in the US. Today, Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group is one of the largest insurance companies on the East Coast.
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group is a part of W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, and has a solid financial standing (W. R. Berkley Corporation’s insurance company subsidiaries are rated A+ “Superior” by AM Best and is in the $2 billion or greater size category.)
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group only works with a small and select number of independent insurance agents to provide customized coverage for your business. The insurance company focuses on small and mid-size commercial accounts within the finance, retail, service, manufacturing, construction, wholesale, and real estate businesses.
What Discounts Does Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group Offer?
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group does not offer any discount programs on their official website. The following are some common discounts for business insurance.
- Bundling discounts: These are discounts are offered to customers who buy multiple types of insurance with the same company. This also applies if you insure multiple properties with the same company.
- Group discounts: These are discounts offered based on your business sector. It is common for an insurance company to specialize in a business niche, such as retail stores or grocery stores.
- Loyalty discounts: These are discounts offered to customers who stay with the same insurance company for a long period of time or by referring a friend.
- Safety discounts: These discounts are offered to customers who have burglar alarms, sprinkler systems, etc. That also includes things such as high-quality personal protective equipment.
An independent insurance agent can help you find more specific discounts available through Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group, helping you get the most out of your money.
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group Customer Service
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group allows customers to handle claims via phone, email, or online 24/7. Many other customer service options are available through the official website as well, including payment options.
- Customer service availability - Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group states that they can also be reached via mail or online form.
- Other customer service notes - Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group’s department for customer service has the following hours.
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group sells insurance through a small and select number of independent insurance agents. Independent insurance agents are available to handle claims and other insurance issues for you, making customer service simple.
Find The Right Company Today.
Shopping for a company? We have the right one for you.
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group FAQ
What is Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group's average claim response time frame?
The insurance company does make an official claims response time frame promise on their website. However, Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group’s claims reporting hotline is open to customers via a toll-free phone number, email, or online. Customers can also submit claims and file the correct reports online through a customer portal, or via mail.
What is Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group's customer service availability?
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group offers a toll-free phone line for current and potential customers to contact them at during business hours. However, the insurance company’s claims reporting department can be reached 24/7.
What is Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group's claims process?
Though customers can report claims via phone, Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group encourages claims reporting through their website’s customer portal. The following information is available through the official website on claims processing.
- “Step 1: File your claim
- Once you file a claim, you’ll get a claim number to help you track your claim. We strive to contact you within 24 hours after receiving notice and begin the process of handling your claim.
- Step 2: An experienced claims representative contacts you
- Our claim representative will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your claim, collect pertinent information, and, if needed, dispatch an appraiser to inspect the damage.
- Step 3: Finalize your claim
- We will provide you with a detailed claims estimate for your review. Once finalized, we strive to create the best experience possible by paying your loss promptly and in accordance with policy terms and conditions.
- Ongoing: Open communication
- Throughout your entire claims process, you can reach your claim representative during business hours with any question or concern."
Does Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group have good business insurance?
The reviews are mostly positive about Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group’s ability to provide good business insurance. According to the BBB and AM Best, Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group is a financially strong company with several business insurance options.
Is Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group a good company?
According to the few customer service reviews on social media platforms; Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group is a very good insurance company for businesses in the mid-Atlantic. The insurance company provides 24/7 claims reporting via phone or online and online bill pay, however it does not list its business hours for the customer service department anywhere.
Does Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group's website create a user-friendly experience for customers?
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group allows customers to file claims, pay bills, check claims status, update policy information, and learn what kinds of coverage is available via their official website or customer portal. Certain important information, such as claims processing time frames, appear to be missing. As far as social media is concerned, the insurance company does have a presence on both LinkedIn and Twitter to make the insurance company more available to customers.
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group Customer Reviews
|“Worst experience ever this company is terrible ! I hope they get investigated , they are very unprofessional and rude . I was hurt at work, my company uses them as a workman’s comp insurance company . My case worker was very lazy and rude. They talk to you as if your some bum asking for money when it’s there job to compensate you while out on workman’s comp . They where 3 weeks behind on sending me compensation because I pushed out a appointment 2 days later it was November 28 I the last time I received a payment and didn’t get another untill dec 23 . When it’s supposed to be weekly . The supervisor is just as rude as the employees. I would tell anyone to beware these people are the worst (. I wish I could give them 0 stars . )” —Desireforpeace|
|“A great company to work with. Wonderful people and good work environment.” —Varun Devaraj|
|“Great” —Stephen Green|
|“Here at employer great benefits great people.” —Diane Proctor|
|—William Pannell (No comment available)|
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group a final rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. The insurance company has been around for over 50 years, which clearly reveals Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group’s reputability and strength. Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group has notably strong financial stability and offers reputable business coverage to customers across the eastern US. However, the lack of customer reviews and customer complaints demonstrates that Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group still has plenty of room to grow. The insurance company supplies coverage to eight states with a full line of business insurance products. They work with a small and select group of independent insurance agents, which makes them one of our top picks. Millions of customers presently trust Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group to take care of their business coverage needs, which is worth taking into consideration.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.