During previous years, the life expectancy rate in Worcester rose from 76 to 78, though it is still lower than the Massachusetts life expectancy rate of 80. Most residents of this city will live long and fruitful lives; however, if a sudden accident or illness cuts your life short, the best way to ensure that your loved-ones maintain financial stability is by carrying a Worcester, MA life insurance policy.
When purchasing life insurance, you must choose between different types of life policies, and for many, choosing an ideal policy type and coverage amount can be confusing. An independent insurance agent can help you determine which policy meets your family’s needs. Find an agent in your ZIP code now to start comparing Worcester life insurance quotes.
Worcester County, MA Health Risks
- 13% of residents are in fair to poor health, as compared to 10% nationwide
- 19% of adults in this county smoke cigarettes, compared to 13% nationwide
- 26% of adults in this county are overweight, compared to 25% nationwide
- 23% of adults in this county are physically inactive, compared to 21% nationwide
- 21% of adults in this county drink excessively, compared to 7% nationwide
Most people in this city will live long and healthy lives. If you are young and healthy, you may not be planning for the future as much as a senior citizen or middle-aged adult would be. If you purchase your life insurance coverage when you're young, you can usually acquire a policy at a must lower rate than if you wait to buy it after an illness or old age takes hold. Though a Worcester life insurance policy may not seem necessary now, if you have loved ones who depend on you, having a policy in place may save them from undue financial hardships in the wake of a tragedy.
Premature Mortality Rate (PMR) Statistics for Worcester
- In recent years, there were 689 premature deaths (deaths of residents under age 75)
- This constituted 465.7 deaths per every 100,000 residents under 75
- Recently, there were 624 premature deaths in this city
This constituted 414.0 deaths per every 100,000 residents under 75
- By comparison, the state of Massachusetts had a PMR of 347.3
- During previous years, the state of Massachusetts had a PMR of 277.0
Purchasing Worcester life insurance is about preparing for the unexpected. It is important that you consider how your dependents would fare if you were to suffer an untimely death. Would your family be able to maintain their life in your home? Would your children be provided for and have enough money for college? A Worcester life insurance policy can provide your family with coverage for your final expenses and may provide enough financial stability to allow them to maintain their standard of living. Depending on what type of policy you purchase, your life insurance policy may also provide you with a large sum of money that you can use if a financial hardship strikes while you are still living.
Worcester Leading Causes of Death
- Cancer: 385 deaths
- Lung cancer: 114 deaths
- Breast cancer: 21 deaths
- Heart disease: 360 deaths
- Stroke: 79 deaths
- Chronic lower respiratory disease: 78 deaths
- Influenza and pneumonia: 54 deaths
A diagnosis of a life-threatening disease can happen at any time. If you do not already have a life insurance policy at the time of your diagnosis, you may be unable to find an insurance company willing to sell you one at an affordable rate. This is yet another good reason to obtain a Worcester life insurance policy without delay.
The Different Types of Worcester Life Insurance
There are a variety of different types of insurance policies from which you can choose:
- Term Life Insurance: This is typically the least expensive type of life insurance policy. It is purchased for a certain term, such as 10, 20 or 30 years, and will provide financial compensation to your beneficiaries if you pass away while your policy is in effect. This type of policy has no cash value.
- Whole Life Insurance: This type of permanent life insurance policy in which your premiums are invested and build up a cash value. This policy can be cashed in at any time, or built up to serve as a payout to your beneficiaries after your death. This type of policy is usually more expensive than term life insurance.
- Universal Life Insurance: This is a flexible policy that is designed to be a blend of term and whole life insurance. It accrues a cash value that you can access in the form of a payout or as a loan. You can also elect to pay more than your scheduled premiums or use your accumulated earnings to cover the cost of your premium if you are unable to afford to make a payment.
How Can You Find the Best Life Insurance Policy?
Without an agent to assist you and answer your questions, you may find it very difficult to decide which type of Worcester life insurance policy is best for you. You may also need assistance as you try to determine just how much coverage you should purchase. An agent can help. Your local member agent can explain your choices in detail and help you compare rates on different coverage levels and insurance types. Each agent in our network has pledged to provide exceptional service and ethical advice. Local member agents can use the relationships they have with several different insurance providers to obtain a variety of quotes that meet your needs and budget.
Contact an insurance agent in your neighborhood today to receive Worcester life insurance quotes that will help you plan for tomorrow.