New Albany Homeowners Insurance
(Find the best home insurance policy for you)
With good public schools, excellent housing, many people choose to call New Albany home because it is a great place to raise a family. Over 55% of people have purchased their home in this quaint town. If you have recently purchased a home, or just want to look over your policy, having a high-end homeowners insurance policy is a smart investment. If disaster strikes, this coverage will protect your home and valuables from loss.
Your home is most likely your biggest investment- so it’s a good idea to make sure its insured. An independent insurance agent will review numerous policies from multiple insurance carriers for you, so all you need to do is decide. When you’re ready, chat with an independent agent to get started.
How Much Is Your Home Insurance Going to Cost You in New Albany, MS?
Mississippi has one of the most expensive home insurance rates in the country. Residents in the state usually pay around $1,508, while in New Albany you may pay close $1,391. Of course, your exact rate will be dependent on the value of your home and neighborhood.
Your insurance company will look at specific aspects of you and your home, such as:
- Location of home: Expect to pay a higher premium if you live in an area prone to natural disasters.
- Materials, condition, and age of your home: A brick home will have a lower premium than a house made from flammable materials. A home that is old or not well maintained will also have a higher rate.
- Claim record: The frequency of your claim history will translate into higher rates.
Crime Rate in New Albany
New Albany is 72% safer than other US cities.
- US Property crime rate per 1,000 people: 22.14
- Mississippi property crime rate per 1,000 people: 24.03
- New Albany property crime rate per 1,000 people: 7.19
The low crime rate in this town means a low home insurance rate for you.
How Can You Save Money on Your Home Insurance Policy in New Albany, MS?
Before you purchase any policy, you should always shop around. Luckily, an independent insurance agent will do this step for you so you don’t have to. They will compare multiple premiums from numerous insurers to find you discounts, such as:
- Home security discount: If you have a smoke detector, burglar alarm, or other security measures in place, you will qualify for a discount.
- Maintain a good credit record: The insurer may use your credit information to price your policy, so having a solid credit history can cut your insurance costs.
- Home renovation credit: If you renovate your home’s plumbing, heating, cooling, or electrical system, you may qualify for a credit.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is Covered by Homeowners Insurance in New Albany, MS?
Your homeowners insurance gives you a backup plan in case a disaster occurs in your neighborhood. Whether it’s a fire, burglary, or strong winds, you are covered if you have a basic home insurance policy.
- It pays for repairs to your home and belongings (Example: A severe storm causes a tree branch to break into your window, and ruin your TV.)
- It pays for temporary living expenses when your home is damaged (Example: You need a hotel, pay for laundry, or eat at restaurants while you wait for your house to be repaired due to a fallen tree.)
- It pays for someone else’s injuries or property damage when it’s your fault (Example: Your kid is playing softball and accidentally smacks it through your neighbors window.)
How Much Coverage Do You Need in New Albany, MS?
A smart guide to follow is to have enough homeowners insurance to:
- Reimburse your living expenses while you can’t live in your home
- Replace your belongings
- Rebuild your home
- Cover injuries and damage that happens on your property
Calculating how much coverage you need, or should have, can be difficult. An independent insurance agent will do this step for you. They know the New Albany community and will lay all the information out for you.
What Is Not Covered under Your New Albany Homeowners Insurance?
Every year we see heavy rains flood the Little Tallahatchie River, which leaves hundreds of homes left with water damage and valuables destroyed. 516 homes are already at risk in New Albany, and this number will continue to grow over the next few years. Unfortunately, your home insurance will not cover damage caused by flooding. It is a good idea to purchase a flood insurance policy to protect your investments. It will cover things like:
- Your home and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Kitchen appliances (refrigerator, stove, and other built-ins)
- Debris removal
How to Find Your Homeowners Insurance Policy in New Albany, MS?
Your home is most-likely the most expensive thing you own, which means you can’t afford to be underinsured. An independent insurance agent will help answer your questions about coverage, get you competitive rates, and help you make an educated choice. When you’re ready, contact an independent agent to get started.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.