Omaha is Nebraska’s largest city, with the most vibrant business community in the state. Their diverse mix of Fortune 500 companies and small startups make Omaha, NE the perfect place to chase your business dreams. Recent studies show there were 167,678 small businesses in Nebraska, providing employment to 391,150 people. Of course, owning a business also carries serious risks. Recently loss payouts to Nebraska businesses totaled $3,969,364. Omaha business insurance can help you minimize this risk. It’s a smart investment, giving you protection against common threats like liability lawsuits, property damage, and cyber crime.
Our Independent Insurance Agents provide individualized support to Omaha business owners who are searching for budget-friendly commercial insurance. With the ability to provide quotes on multiple policies, our independent agents can help your business find budget-friendly coverages to help your company succeed. Every small business is at risk for liability. According to Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Liability lawsuits happen every single day and can quickly become a financial nightmare. Make sure your commercial insurance plan includes complete coverage against general liability risks.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards and 53% of medical malpractice awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. It takes only one defective product to create a financial catastrophe for a small business. Product liability insurance protects your company against claims of a defective product and pays any court fees you may incur. You can’t afford not to have product liability lawsuit.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: Professional liability insurance is designed to protect businesses that offer services rather than physical goods. This is a better choice for professionals like contractors or consultants. If an employee gives bad advice or makes a judgment error that leads to a lawsuit, E&O insurance steps in to cover legal fees and any court-ordered payouts. It takes only one bad call to cause a financial catastrophe for your entire business. Make sure you are covered with professional liability insurance.
Business Interruption Insurance for Omaha Businesses
- Gross domestic product this year: 2.2%
- Nebraska gross state product this year: 3.0%
- This years GSP was 0.8% more than last years GDP
Business owners in Omaha are familiar with blizzards that often lead to roof collapses and flooding. If this happens to your business, you might be forced to close for an extended period of time while the damage is repaired. During this time, you will have no revenue to pay your bills or keep your business running. Business interruption insurance steps in to compensate for lost revenue after a natural disaster. It is quite literally lifesaving for small businesses that don’t have the financial resources to survive an extended closure.
Property Insurance for Omaha Businesses
- Number of natural disasters this Year: 119
- 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage: $9.7 billion
Omaha’s unpredictable weather patterns constantly put commercial property at risk. Whether you are facing roof repairs after a devastating snowstorm or you need to replace plumbing after an extended freeze, property insurance steps in to cover the cost of repairs.
Workers' Compensation for Omaha Businesses
Workers' compensation insurance is now required for businesses in most states. This policy offers financial protection in case an employee is injured on the job. The workers' comp policy covers the cost of medical care and lost wages while protecting your business from lawsuits related to the injury.
Employee Coverages for Omaha Businesses
- Ranked 16th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,431/person or $14,616/family
Health care premiums are on the rise all over the nation, making it very difficult for employers to find affordable health insurance to offer employees. Our agents take the guesswork out of finding affordable employee coverages, offering quotes on multiple policies in one convenient place. With our experienced agents on your side, you can find the most budget-friendly health and life insurance options for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Omaha Businesses
- 914 identity theft complaints in Nebraska this year.
- Ranked 46th highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Recent studies show that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber crime and data breaches. However, this is a growing threat that can place an immense financial strain on Omaha businesses. Malicious hackers can empty your business bank account and paralyze your online commerce in a matter of minutes. Make sure you have a response plan in place by investing in cyber crime insurance for your business.
Finding a comprehensive business insurance policy in Omaha starts with a call to one of our Independent Insurance Agents. Our agents will match you with the most affordable coverage options for liability insurance, commercial property insurance, and employee coverages.
If you’re looking for a way to protect your company against these worrisome threats, contact an agent today for a customized quote on Omaha commercial insurance.