Las Cruces, NM is one of the most beautiful cities in New Mexico, with breathtaking views of the Organ Mountains on the east and the roaring Rio Grande on the west. The “City of Crosses” is also a thriving location for small businesses, with frequent tourists and ongoing incentives to help entrepreneurs succeed. During previous years, there were 154,405 small businesses in New Mexico, providing employment to 328,862 people. Of course, owning a business also carries serious risks. Recently, loss payouts to New Mexico businesses totaled $1,607,417. You can reduce your risk of losses by investing in comprehensive Las Cruces business insurance.
Shopping for commercial insurance in Las Cruces can feel overwhelming. Our Independent Insurance Agents offer one-on-one support to help each business find custom insurance solutions. From protecting against liability to safeguarding against property damage and cyber crime, our experienced agents can help you find affordable coverage for your Las Cruces business. Liability lawsuits present a very real threat to businesses in Las Cruces.
According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Every small business should invest in general liability insurance to protect against lawsuits that can have devastating financial consequences.
- Product Liability: Before you start selling products, you need safeguards in place to protect you from lawsuits. If a customer comes forward with allegations that your products caused physical harm or damage to personal property, you could end up facing thousands of dollars in legal costs. According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards and 53% of medical malpractice awards by the courts amount to $1 million or more. The best way to protect your small business is with a product liability insurance policy.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: If you run a service-based business as a consultant, contractor or financial adviser, you will need the protection of professional liability insurance. This policy is designed specifically to cover risks related to professional errors or omissions. From contract breaches to allegations of negligence, this type of commercial liability insurance gives your Las Cruces business a blanket of protection.
Business Interruption Insurance for Las Cruces Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent New Mexico gross state product: 1.5%
- The recent GSP increase was 0.7% less than the recent GDP increase
As a small-business owner, you invest countless hours of time in helping your company reach a profitable status. But that can all be lost overnight if a natural disaster strikes in your area. Whether it’s a fire, a flood or a tornado, major damage to your property can force you to shut down temporarily while you make repairs. In the meantime, you’ll have no revenue to sustain your company and keep the bills paid. Business interruption insurance is a unique protection for small businesses in Las Cruces. This policy steps in to compensate you for lost revenue when you are forced to pause operations due to a natural disaster.
Property Insurance for Las Cruces Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Las Cruces businesses have an elevated risk for property damage. The local crime rate is 45% higher than the national average, leaving you vulnerable to break-ins and vandalism. The city is also prone to severe thunderstorms during the summer months and has a significant risk for earthquake activity. Commercial property insurance provides you with the financial resources you need to make repairs if your offices are damaged in a storm or robbery. Our agents can help you select a policy that provides maximum protection for the brick-and-mortar space that is essential for your daily operations.
Workers' Compensation for Las Cruces Businesses
Workers' compensation is a policy that every company needs before hiring employees. If there is an accident on-site and an employee is injured on the job, workers' comp steps in to pay for related medical expenses and lost wages. This policy also protects you from lawsuits related to the accident, ultimately saving you thousands of dollars in potential legal fees.
Employee Coverages for Las Cruces Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in New Mexico: $267,330
- Ranked 14th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,145/person or $15,207/family
Health insurance premiums continue to climb, putting an increasing strain on small businesses. Our agents can help you find affordable rates on employee coverages by offering quotes on multiple policies in one convenient place. Our experienced agents can match you with the best coverage options for health and life insurance, while giving you access to lower rates on the policies that matter most to your employees.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Las Cruces Businesses
- 1,611 identity theft complaints in New Mexico in recent years
- Ranked #23 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Recent studies show that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber crime and data breaches. Unfortunately, this is a very real problem for businesses in today’s world, and it’s an issue you can’t afford to ignore. A single hacker can do serious damage to your company’s bank account while also putting your customers at risk. Cyber crime insurance is a smart option that protects your business resources and gives you an instant response plan in case you ever encounter a malicious cyber attack.
Commercial insurance is a smart investment for any Las Cruces business, but it’s especially important for new startups. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you create a customized insurance policy that will safeguard against the most damaging threats to your business.
Learn more about your Las Cruces commercial insurance options and get a free quote by contacting an agent today.