The city of Kettering, OH is known for its inventive spirit. Named after a world-renowned inventor, Kettering is an inspiring place to reside.
Home to over 55,175 residents, if you drive these historic streets, you'll want protection. An independent insurance agent has access to multiple carriers, giving you options. Connect with a local expert today to begin.
Auto Insurance Coverage Options in Kettering, OH
Optional coverages for your auto policy can be added for a price. If you're looking for more than just liability, then you'll want to know what's out there. Take a look at optional car insurance coverages in Kettering, OH:
- Medical payments coverage: Will pay for a smaller medical expense when you're in an at-fault accident.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow of a covered auto.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental vehicle when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your car that is hit by an unavoidable obstruction, or is damaged by severe weather, fire, or vandalism.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your vehicle in the event of a crash.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your car loan and your vehicle's market value in the event of a total loss.
To offset optional coverage costs, consider bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier, you qualify for a discounted rate. Upwards of 30% can be saved when you combine policies. Speak with your independent agent about cost-saving techniques.
Do You Need Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Kettering, OH?
Every state has the risk of uninsured drivers using the roadways. No matter whether you drive an RV or a sedan, you'll want proper protection. Take a look at the percentage of uninsured drivers:
- National average: 13.0%
- Ohio average: 12.4%
Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage will give you insurance for a loss. When you're involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, it will pay for your medical and property damage expenses. Connect with a Kettering independent agent to discuss your this important insurance.
Car Insurance Needed in Kettering, OH
Most states will require a minimum limit of liability to drive. Similar to worker's compensation insurance, this is a mandatory policy. Let's look at Kettering's auto policy requirements:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
Your independent agent may suggest that you obtain higher limits of liability than the state requirements. To have enough coverage for even a smaller loss, you'll want better protection. Contact your Kettering independent agent for more details.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Local Crime in Kettering, OH
Carriers use a variety of factors when determining your costs. Local crime is one of them, and can impact your rates. Let's take a peek at the theft rates across the board:
- National average per 100,000 vehicles: 228.90
- Ohio average per 100,000 vehicles: 170.30
- Kettering average per 100,000 vehicles: 70.90
If you live in Kettering, the average theft rate is lower than both the state and national figures. This means your costs could be less expensive. When you're researching where to obtain coverage, check with an independent agent about your car insurance.
Your Auto Policy and an Uber Exposure in Kettering, OH
For-hire livery and rideshare services are prohibited on most personal auto policies. If you drive for Uber or Lyft, contact your agent to make sure you have protection. Here are some questions to ask your independent agent about rideshare services:
- Does my current auto policy provide coverage when transporting people, parcels, food, or groceries?
- Do I need a separate business auto policy?
Since you are operating as a business, you will need a commercial auto policy to have adequate coverage. This policy will cover your exposure while you are performing business activities. Discuss your commercial insurance with an independent agent in Kettering.
The Price of Car Insurance in Kettering, OH
Similar to life insurance, your auto policy will be rated based on personal data and vehicle specifications. Carriers will use certain risk factors when determining your cost. Here are some factors the companies use for pricing:
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history
- Your credit score
- Your insurance score
- Your driving record
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Severe weather and natural disasters
- Local crime
Some items you can control, while others you can't. If you are interested in lowering your premiums, take a look at your driving record, loss history, and credit score to start. Get with your independent agent to discuss more.
Find a Kettering, OH Independent Insurance Agent
If you're searching for the best price and coverage in Kettering, connect with an independent insurance agent. They have access to multiple markets, saving you time and premium dollars.
Find an independent agent at TrustedChoice.com to get started. You can use the find-an-agent tool to get matched with a local expert.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.