Beckley, WV, is known for its tourism and attractions. With its deep history in mining, you'll learn a lot at The Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine. This city has 16,404 residents, making it on the edge of small-town living. When you own a car here, you'll need adequate protection. An independent insurance agent can help find a policy that works. Connect with a local expert to begin your search.
Beckley, WV Car Insurance Minimums May Not Be Enough Protection
Like worker's compensation insurance, your car coverage is mandated by the state. You're required to carry the minimum limits. While anything is better than nothing, you'll still want adequate protection. An independent agent can get you there. Check out the required auto insurance for Beckley, WV:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
The state minimum limits of liability are low. It is likely they won't provide enough coverage for an average loss. Consider umbrella insurance when you want added protection. This policy will provide additional limits of liability when a more substantial claim occurs. Get with a Beckley independent agent to go over your coverage.
How to Save Money on Your Beckley, WV Car Insurance
Your car insurance is rated on personal data and outside factors. Carriers will assign premiums based on you. To find out how to improve your pricing, use a professional. In the meantime, here are some rating factors the insurance companies look at:
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your driving record
Local crimes are outside of your control. They will impact your premiums and should be considered when quoting. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- West Virginia average: 139.50
- Beckley average: 191.00
Speak with an adviser about bundling to cut costs. When you bundle your auto and home insurance, you'll save big. The carriers award discounts of 30% or more. Connect with a Beckley independent agent for review.
Will Your Beckley, WV Car Insurance Have Coverage for Rideshare Drivers?
When you want to make some extra cash driving for Uber or Lyft, a personal auto policy won't cover a loss. Your car insurance excludes for-hire livery and rideshare services. Since you're technically operating a business, you'll need business coverage.
Commercial vehicle insurance will help protect your interests and your customers. When you're transporting people, you'll want the right policy. An independent agent can quote your commercial insurance today.
Is Your Beckley, WV Car Policy Missing Coverages?
The standard car insurance policy comes with minimum limits of liability, and that's about it. When you're looking for coverage that will protect your vehicles, an independent agent can help. Check out some options you can discuss with an adviser:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your car loan's remaining balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is involved in a non-collision event such as a fire, vandalism, or car theft.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. There are 13.0% uninsured drivers in the US and 10.1% in West Virginia.
When you want a car policy that will cover all kinds of losses, you'll need adequate coverage. Get a professional to review your policies and make sure your insurance is sufficient. Connect with a Beckley independent agent for quotes.
How an Independent Agent in Beckley, WV Can Help
When you're looking for the best car insurance at a reasonable price, an independent insurance agent can help. They have access to dozens of markets, saving you time and premium. Since an agent does the shopping for you at no cost, you'll have options.
The fastest way to save on your car insurance is to get with one of the state's 109 local advisers. You can connect with an independent agent on TrustedChoice to begin. They have a find-an-agent resource to get you matched.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.