Fairmont, WV, is well known for its state parks and outdoor attractions. With over 18,467 residents that occupy this small town, you'll be right at home. When you drive these charming streets, car coverage is necessary.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help. They have options on policy and premium. Connect with a local expert today to start your policy search.
Is Your Fairmont, WV, Car Properly Insured?
When you purchase car insurance, you may be surprised to find you don't have the coverage you think. Most policies will only have liability coverage unless otherwise added. Check out some options you can discuss with an adviser:
- Gap coverage: This will pay for the difference in your loan's remaining balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
There are 10.1% of drivers in West Virginia uninsured. 13.0% in the nation drive without coverage. If you want proper protection, a professional can help. A Fairmont independent agent can review your car insurance to make sure there are no gaps.
Why Fairmont, WV, Minimum Limits May Not Be Enough Protection
Fairmont, WV, requires you to carry auto insurance at the state-mandated limits. Without adequate coverage, you could be fined or worse. Check out the required auto insurance for Fairmont, WV:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/ $50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
When you have the minimum required coverage, you could be improperly protected when a loss occurs. To have the right limits of liability, contact a professional.
Umbrella insurance is another way to increase your coverage. It will pay for a more substantial loss when your underlying policy is exhausted. Contact a Fairmont independent agent for quotes.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How to Save Money on Your Fairmont, WV, Car Insurance
Car insurance is personalized to each individual. Rates are set based on data and the history of the insured. An independent agent can help you save where it matters. Some rating factors the insurance companies use are:
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
- Catastrophes reported
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Policy discounts that may apply
There are certain areas you'll be able to improve for better premiums. Others like local crime will affect your insurance, but you can't change. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.9
- West Virginia average: 139.5
- Fairmont average: 168.2
You'll be able to offset costs by bundling your auto and home insurance. Carriers will discount premiums up to 30% or more when you put all your coverage with them. To find more ways to save, speak with a Fairmont independent agent.
Will Your Car Insurance in Fairmont, WV, Cover Uber?
Your vehicle insurance will exclude livery-for-hire or rideshare services. That includes Uber and Lyft. When you're using a personal car to transport passengers for cash, you have a business.
To properly insure your exposure, seek a professional's advice. Commercial vehicle insurance can provide the protection your operation needs. Contact a Fairmont independent agent to quote your commercial insurance.
Why You Need a Fairmont, WV, Independent Agent
When you're searching for the best car insurance in Fairmont, WV, an independent insurance agent can help. They have access to dozens of markets, saving you time and premium dollars.
If you need a trusted adviser in your corner, an independent agent works on your behalf at no cost. To connect with one of the West Virginia experts, go to TrustedChoice.com and start saving.