Parkersburg, WV, was known as a transportation and medical center during the American Civil War. This city was founded on history and innovation, making it an interesting place to call home.
If you're one of the 30,096 residents who drive the streets, you'll need coverage. An independent insurance agent can help you find a policy that works. You can connect with a local expert in minutes.
Why State-Mandated Car Insurance Limits Are Not Enough in Parkersburg, WV
Almost every state requires car insurance in some form or fashion. Similar to worker's compensation, coverage is mandated at the minimum limits. While something is better than nothing, low liability coverage can create a mess. Check out the required auto insurance for Parkersburg, WV:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
The average vehicle cost in the US is over $36,000, which means any substantial claim would barely be covered. You can add protection by increasing your coverage and obtaining umbrella insurance. Discuss this and more with a Parkersburg independent agent.
Optional Coverages Your Parkersburg, WV Auto Policy May Not Have
Car insurance policies will include liability coverage, and everything else you'll need to add. That means if you want coverage for cars, medical payments, and the like, you may want to discuss with a professional. Check out some car coverage options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your car loan's remaining balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is involved in a non-collision event such as a fire, hailstorm, or car theft.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 10.1% in West Virginia.
Liability only policies can get you in trouble when you're in an accident. They may cost less now, but you could pay for it later. Connect with a Parkersburg independent agent to review your coverage.
Are Uber Services Covered under Your Parkersburg, WV Auto Policy?
A personal auto policy won't have protection for rideshare services like Uber and Lyft. If you're trying to earn some extra cash by transporting passengers, you may not be covered. Fortunately, you can get an independent agent to review.
They will probably suggest a commercial auto policy. Since you're operating a business, you'll need business insurance. Get with a Parkersburg independent agent for quotes on your commercial coverage.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Ways to Save Big on Your Parkersburg, WV Car Insurance
When it comes to your car insurance, you may be wondering how to lower costs. While there are some areas you can't control, others will improve your pricing. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your driving record
Local crime is one item that affects your rates, but you have no control it. You can speak with an adviser about other ways to save. In the meantime, let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- West Virginia average: 139.50
- Parkersburg average: 370.80
Parkersburg, WV, has a higher-than-average theft rate, which means your premiums could be impacted. When you need to reduce your costs, discuss bundling. If you bundle your auto and home insurance, you'll save big. Get with a Parkersburg independent agent for details.
How to Work with a Parkersburg, WV Independent Insurance Agent
When you're searching for the perfect auto policy, an independent insurance agent can help. They have access to several carriers, saving you time and money. Since they work on your behalf at no cost to you, you'll save.
If you're looking for coverage at an affordable price, get an independent agent. You can connect with one of the 109 local experts in West Virginia on TrustedChoice. They have a network of agents ready to serve.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.