St. Albans, WV, was once land owned by George Washington himself. It was a city founded on riverboat activities and lumber. With over 10,265 residents that call St. Albans home, it has small-town charm.
When you drive the historic streets, you'll need proper coverage. An independent insurance agent can help find a policy at a low price. Get connected with a local expert to begin your search for a reliable policy.
St. Albans, WV Minimum Auto Insurance Requirements May Not Be Enough
The state of West Virginia requires every driver to carry the mandated limits of coverage to use the road. While some insurance is better than nothing, minimum limits may be too low. Check out the required auto insurance for St. Albans, WV:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
To have the best protection, get with a local adviser. They can review your policy coverages to insure against several claims. Another way to add protection is through umbrella insurance. This policy will supply additional liability when your underlying coverage is exhausted. Contact a St. Albans independent agent for quotes.
Why Your St. Albans, WV Car Insurance May Not Have Enough Coverage
Contrary to popular belief, your car insurance policy will only include liability coverage. If you need insurance for your cars and other items, you'll have to add it. Check out some options you can discuss with an adviser:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your car loan's remaining balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is involved in a non-collision event such as a windstorm, fire, or vandalism.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured motorists in the US. West Virginia has 10.1%. To have coverage for all the what-ifs, get with an independent agent in St. Albans to review your options.
How You Can Save on Your St. Albans, WV Car Policy
Auto insurance is personalized based on your specific data. Still, there are things you can do to reduce premiums. An independent agent can help. Some rating factors the insurance companies use are:
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Your driving record
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates
- Policy discounts that may apply
One area you won't have control over is local crime. Theft will impact your premiums. The more activity in a city, the higher the costs. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- West Virginia average: 139.50
- St. Albans average: 196.80
It won't matter if you drive an SUV or an ATV, theft impacts every driver. Another way to save is by bundling your auto and home insurance with the same carrier. Companies will award 30% or more in savings. Get with a St. Albans independent agent for more ways to cut costs.
Will Your Auto Policy in St. Albans, WV Cover Uber?
A personal auto policy will exclude coverage for rideshare or for-hire livery services. This means if you picked up a side gig driving for Uber or Lyft, you might not have protection. Fortunately, an independent agent can get you covered.
A commercial auto policy will provide the insurance you need for business exposures. When your risk is higher due to operations, you'll need a policy that fits. Connect with a St. Albans independent agent on your commercial insurance.
How to Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in St. Albans, WV
If you're searching for the best coverage for your business, an independent insurance agent can help. They have access to several markets, saving you time and premium dollars. When you want a price that won't impact the bottom line, get quotes through an adviser.
An independent agent can find a policy that will protect your assets the first time. Connect with one of the 109 local experts in West Virginia on TrustedChoice. You can use the find-an-agent tool to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.