Finding an affordable home in the Brew City can be tough. A modular home is a great option for anyone, whether you’re retiring and looking to downsize, or you’re a first time home buyer. Once you’ve found your home, make sure you invest in Milwaukee, WI mobile home insurance. Depending on the kind of modular home you purchase and where you live, you may need more insurance than the average homeowner.
Milwaukee Mobile Homes
- There are 897 total mobile home units in the city.
- This makes up .4% of the total housing units.
- The average mobile home in Milwaukee was valued at $68,909 in 2011
Mobile Homes vs. Modular Homes
The type of insurance you purchase depends on the type of house you live in. For a standard built home with a basement, the homeowner should double check whether personal belongings in the basement are covered. Modular homes are typically treated like a standard built home. They aren’t the same as a mobile home. In many cases, a mobile home arrives fully assembled and are placed on a foundation. A modular home is actually constructed on site, although parts are already assembled.
So what does that mean for insurance? If you live in a mobile home, you may need more Milwaukee mobile home insurance. These houses typically have a higher risk of damage because they are made of lighter weight materials and don't have a foundation. If you live in a park, there may be regulations about specific types of mobile home tie-downs, but if you live on private land and don’t properly secure your house, you run the risk of great damage. With a reliable insurance policy, you can protect your home and all your belongings.
Milwaukee mobile home insurance is very similar to a standard homeowner policy. You may find that it’s more expensive than you think because of the added risk of mobility. Luckily, many mobile homes are very affordable. A basic policy will provide you with several forms of protection:
- Homeowners liability: This coverage option protects you if you cause an accident or one occurs on your property. It will help cover legal fees.
- Property damage: If your house or other existing structures are damaged due to a covered incident, you will be reimbursed to make repairs.
- Personal property: This portion of your insurance policy will pay for any damage that happens to your personal belongings and will reimburse in case it’s not salvageable. If items are stolen even if you’re far away from home, it provides coverage.
- Medical payments: If someone is injured on your property, this coverage option will pay for medical expenses. If they decide to sue you, it’s time to consult your liability limits.
Affordable Milwaukee Manufactured Home Insurance Quotes
While it’s true that some insurers may look at mobile homes as being more risky, a Trusted Choice® member agent will help you find an affordable Milwaukee mobile home insurance policy. By comparing Milwaukee manufactured home insurance quotes, an independent agent can source only the rates you can afford that also meet your coverage threshold.
A member agent may ask a few questions before beginning the search for your policy. Be prepared with information about the make and square footage of your house, any past claims you’ve made and whether you own the home, the lot, or both. In just a few moments, your Trusted Choice member agent can start finding you the policy you need. Contact a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network for personalized assistance with all your insurance needs.