Sign Manufacturer Insurance

The Top Insurance Policies Sign Manufacturing Businesses Need

(Finding the right coverage has never been easier)

Sign Manufacturer Insurance

Sign manufacturers create signs and other displays from a wide range of materials. You may produce these products:

  • Billboards
  • Counter, floor or point-of-purchase displays
  • Electrical or neon signs
  • Letters for signs
  • Scoreboards
  • Other signs or signboards, except for paper or paperboard signs

Sign manufacturers use wood, plastics, fabrics, lacquers, paint, electrical components and more to fashion a variety of signs and displays. 

Your manufacturing facility may have a wide range of products and materials on hand — including many that are flammable or otherwise dangerous to individuals or property.

Your employees may at times engage in hazardous work using large, expensive and dangerous equipment while others may craft signs or displays with their hands, making them highly susceptible to repetitive motion and other work-related injuries.

The risk for employee injuries, equipment breakdowns, fire, weather, and other types of interruptions or unforeseen events is a daily concern for sign manufacturers. You need a comprehensive manufacturing insurance program designed to address your unique needs.

Our independent agent matching tool will find you the best insurance solution in your area. Tell us what you're looking for and we'll recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will only be sent to the agent you pick.

If you own or operate a sign manufacturing business, you need to understand all of the risks that are present. And you need to understand how to protect your business and your employees from devastating injuries, property damage and financial loss.

You likely have flammable materials, as well as valuable parts and inventory, on your business premises. Your buildings and equipment are susceptible to fire, theft, vandalism and natural disasters. Commercial property insurance protects your building and other property in the event of a covered loss.

If a fire, vandalism, smoke, theft or another covered peril (cause of loss) damages your property, commercial property insurance provides coverage for lost inventory, industrial equipment and machinery, warehouses and office space, office equipment, computers, valuable papers and more. 

It may also provide coverage for neighboring facilities and completed products housed on your premises.

Commercial property insurance policies usually include business interruption coverage, or business income coverage, which protects your earnings and helps to pay expenses if your business is unable to operate because of damage caused by some type of covered disruption (fire, hail, wind, equipment breakdown). 

And you can expand your business income policy to include coverage for breakdowns in utility services (water, electrical) that force you to temporarily close your doors.

Work with an experienced independent insurance agent who can help you evaluate and calculate appropriate property coverage for your sign manufacturing business. An agent with experience working with sign manufacturers and similar businesses can help you properly differentiate coverage for your building, heavy equipment and other contents. 

You can expect your agent and underwriter to pay close attention to how you handle the flammables on your property. In order to secure the best coverage and rates, safety and fire prevention should be a top priority.

You may need additional coverage for signs, tools and other equipment as it is being transported from place to place. If you deliver or install signs or displays or you transport tools or parts to manufacture a sign on-site, you need additional coverage for your business property once it leaves your premises.

Inland marine insurance protects you from losses when cargo is damaged in transit. Any piece of property that is moved from one location to another can be covered with an inland marine policy. 

The best way to ensure that you find the right type of inland marine coverage for your needs is to work with an independent agent who has experience working with sign manufacturers.

You may also need equipment breakdown insurance, often referred to as boiler and machinery coverage, if you use certain types of machines or heavy equipment to manufacture signs or displays. 

Equipment breakdown insurance supplements your business property insurance; it covers certain costs associated with accidental breakdown of machinery or equipment and the resulting property damage or loss.

Equipment breakdown coverage typically covers breakdowns due to power surges, motor burnout, boiler malfunction and even operator error. You can obtain coverage for mechanical and electrical equipment, computers and computer systems, boilers, and other types of pressure equipment.

Boiler and machinery insurance covers repair and replacement costs as well as business interruption costs related to a breakdown of covered machinery or equipment.


Save on Business Insurance

Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.

Keep Employee Safety Top-of-Mind

The safety of employees in a manufacturing environment is of utmost importance. Your workers may come into contact with heat and welding tools, cutting tools, heavy machinery and numerous dangers to fingers, toes, eyes and other appendages. Employees may work on ladders or lifts as they construct or install signs or displays high off the ground. 

Those who regularly work with hand tools are particularly vulnerable to repetitive motion injuries. And constant exposure to lacquers, paints and other chemicals also can be potentially dangerous to workers.

Keeping your employees safe from work-related injuries and illnesses is important for your employees’ long-term health and satisfaction as well as your company’s financial viability. Excessive employee injuries and illnesses can be financially devastating for your business.

Workers’ compensation insurance provides insurance coverage when accidents happen at the workplace. It ensures that the injured worker gets medical care and income protection while unable to work.

Workers’ compensation insurance provides benefits to injured workers regardless of who is at fault for their injury. And it provides death benefits for a worker’s dependents if there is a fatality.

Workers’ compensation insurance is not only complex but is also essential to the long-term survival of your business. And purchasing workers’ compensation insurance is not enough; implementing safety programs and insisting on worker compliance is the only way to keep your workers’ compensation claims and costs under control.

Liability Insurance for Sign Manufacturers

You can protect your operations, products and customers with a variety of business liability policies designed for sign manufacturers. 

You may not typically have customers or the general public on your premises, but you still need general liability insurance for occasions in which your business is negligent and causes bodily injury or property damage to a third party. 

Your commercial general liability (CGL) policy protects you in the event of third-party lawsuits, with coverage for attorney fees, court costs, settlements and judgments up to the limits of your policy.

Like any company that manufacturers a product, you may also have product liability exposures. Claims for product-related damages are usually related to manufacturing or production flaws, design defects, or defective warnings or instructions. 

If you are sued for some type of product negligence, you may be required to pay for medical costs, compensatory damages, economic damages, attorney fees, court costs and more.

Product liability insurance covers your financial responsibility for losses or injuries to a user, buyer or bystander caused by a defect or malfunction of your product. Some product liability coverage is usually included in standard commercial general liability (CGL) policies, but this coverage may not be sufficient. 

You need an experienced agent to help you determine how much product liability exposure you have and how much and what type of coverage you need. 

If you own trucks or other vehicles, commercial auto insurance covers your vehicle fleet and drivers in the event an accident or other vehicle damage occurs. 

Commercial auto insurance provides coverage for property damage and bodily injury liability claims, vehicle damage and medical bills, as well as any costs related to lawsuits due to auto accidents involving your vehicle fleet.

You may want to talk to your independent insurance agent about your need for excess liability, or commercial umbrella insurance. Commercial umbrella insurance provides an extra layer of liability protection to any of several other liability policies you might have. 

By purchasing one commercial umbrella policy, you essentially get higher limits on all of those policies rather than having to raise the limits on each policy individually. 

Commercial umbrella insurance takes over when the limits of your other applicable insurance policies have been exhausted, protecting you in the event that a claim exceeds the amount of coverage available from any other applicable policy.


Save on Business Insurance

Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.

Where Can You Find Quotes for Tailored Sign Manufacturer Insurance? 

Your sign manufacturing business can present dangers for employees, customers, delivery persons and others. You need tailored manufacturing insurance that addresses all of your risks. 

And you need an experienced independent insurance agent who can help you develop and implement appropriate safety and loss control programs that help prevent the worst from happening. 

Contact a local independent insurance agent today for more information.

Share this page on Twitter Share this page on Facebook Share this page on LinkedIn