Protect yourself and your boat from stormy situations by getting the policy that best suits your needs and risks. With the right insurance, you will have the protection you need in the event of an accident, theft, or damage to your watercraft. Start by getting free boat insurance quotes and comparing coverage plans and rates.
An independent agent from the Trusted Choice® network can provide boat insurance quotes from several insurance companies, and can also look for all available discounts. Contact an agent today for free quotes and personal assistance.
Tips for Getting the Best Boat Insurance Quotes
- Consider your boat’s value and whether you want full replacement value or actual cash value coverage
- Think about the protection you may need for passengers, others who may drive your boat, and for your personal liability
- Determine whether you want to cover accessories, equipment, and your boat trailer
- Consider whether you will want coverage for towing and environmental cleanup
- Compare several different quotes for your speed boat, sailboat or fishing boat based on these coverage needs
Information Needed for Accurate Boat Insurance Quotes
For accurate quotes, your agent will need a number of details about you and your experience as a boater, such as:
- Your driver’s license number
- How long you have been boating
- Any past history of accidents or claims
- Whether you have taken boater safety training
- Your boat’s make, age, length and maximum speed
- Hull, motor and trailer information
- Any additions you may want such as equipment coverage
Collecting boat insurance quotes online is a great way to start budgeting for your coverage. When you need help putting together a customized package of insurance, contact an independent agent. Independent agents accurately assess your needs, compare quotes on your behalf, and look for special discounts that not all boat insurance companies offer.
Considerations for Boat Insurance Quotes
About 50 percent of boating accidents cause injuries. While you may be a careful driver, others out on the water people may not be quite so vigilant. Not all insurance companies provide uninsured watercraft insurance, leaving boaters without compensation after accident caused by another boater who is uninsured, or only has minimum coverage.
An independent agent can be an excellent resource when you have questions about the type and amount of coverage you need, and how to best cover your risks. Because these agents can compare quotes from multiple insurance carriers, they can help you save money, time and effort. Contact a local Trusted Choice member agent today and get personal assistance with your boat insurance quotes.