Commercial vehicle insurance costs small and large businesses billions of dollars annually. The good news is that insurers provide a range of deals and discounts to help you save on your insurance costs. There are plenty of ways to use these discounts to get affordable commercial vehicle insurance and protect your vehicles, whether you have a few company cars or a fleet of trucks, busses, limos or taxis.
A Trusted Choice® independent agent who specializes in commercial insurance is in a unique position to help you find discounts for your business. Contact a local member agent in your area to compare rates from multiple insurance companies and find the best deal on your business vehicle insurance.
Commercial Vehicle Insurance Discounts
- Multi-policy discounts for commercial vehicles
- Paid-in-full commercial vehicle insurance discounts
- Experienced commercial driver discounts
- Commercial driver’s license discounts
Potential Discounts on Commercial Auto Insurance
When you are searching for affordable commercial vehicle insurance for your cars or other commercial vehicles, it is important to remember that many of the deals and special rates relate to your driving history, the experience of your drivers, and the business uses of your commercial vehicles.
You may benefit from the following auto vehicle insurance discounts:
- Commercial driver's license discounts: If you or your employees have a commercial driver's license, your business can save up to 20 percent on your truck, car, limo or taxi insurance rates.
- Business experience discounts: If you have been in business for three years or more you will find that some insurers offer you a discount of up to 5 percent.
- Loyalty discounts: If you have kept your auto insurance with the same company for more than 12 months, you may qualify for discount commercial vehicle insurance.
- Multi-policy discount: If you hold multiple policies with the same insurance company you are in a good position to ask for better rates.
- Paid in full discount: If you are able to pay for your insurance in full, you may be able to receive a savings of up to 15 percent.
Insurance companies want to offer you affordable commercial vehicle insurance because your business is important to them. Speaking to an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network, based in 22,000 member agencies with over 27,000 locations nationwide, can help you get all the information you need to find the best commercial vehicle insurance at the most affordable rate.
Potential Discounts on Commercial Truck Insurance
Some of the commercial truck insurance discounts that you can find will be similar to commercial auto insurance discounts. When you are researching affordable commercial vehicle insurance for your truck, look for both general vehicle insurance discounts and savings that are specific to dump trucks, tractor trailers or other trucks you may use. For example:
- Truck insurance discounts for commercial driver’s license: If you require commercial truck insurance and you or your drivers hold a commercial driver's license your business can save as much as 20 percent off commercial truck insurance.
- Truck insurance discounts for business experience: If you have been in business for at least three years, you will find that some insurance companies will give you a business experience discount. You could save as much as 5 percent with this commercial truck insurance discount.
Other Commercial Truck Insurance Discounts
There are other ways for you to find affordable commercial vehicle insurance for your dump truck, tractor trailer or semi:
- Truck insurance deals for increasing your deductibles: Selecting to pay a higher deductible on your commercial truck insurance is a quick way to lower your rates. It is important that you arrange a deductible that you would be able afford in the event a major claim needed to be filed.
- Truck insurance deals for paying your insurance in full. If you can pay for your truck insurance premium in one lump sum, then you can expect a discount on your commercial vehicle insurance of up to 15 percent.
- Truck insurance deals for paying by electronic funds transfer (EFT): If you are unable to pay for your entire truck insurance policy in full, you can still get a discount. Commercial vehicle insurance companies reduce their rates for electronic payments. This is also a great way to save yourself time and effort because the fees come directly out of your checking account. This can also save you on check processing fees.
Finding the Best Discount Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Be sure to compare commercial vehicle insurance deals. It is possible to find savings in a variety of unadvertised ways, so it is a good idea to get advice and shop around. Trusted Choice member agents who specialize in commercial insurance can advise you on every aspect of your business insurance. They can give you a central point of contact, and provide all of your commercial coverage out of one office, to cover auto insurance, property insurance, product insurance, fraud protection and more.
The independent agents in the Trusted Choice network are excellent resources when you are looking for discounts, deals and affordable commercial vehicle insurance. They can save you money by comparing rates from multiple insurance companies. Find a Trusted Choice member agent in your area today to help you in your search for commercial vehicle insurance discounts.