LAMMICO Insurance Company at a Glance
Here’s what you need to know LAMMICO Insurance Company. An independent insurance agent can help you evaluate if LAMMICO is right for you.
- LAMMICO is a policyholder-owned malpractice insurance company that provides medical professional liability insurance and general liability coverage
- LAMMICO is the largest medical malpractice insurance company in Louisiana
- A regional carrier that is licensed in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee
- The company is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best
LAMMICO Pros: LAMMICO is the largest medical malpractice insurance company in Louisiana. It is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, and has maintained this rating for 20 years. Boasts 91% policyholder retention rate. Regional carrier that understands the unique needs of medical providers in its service area. The company is endorsed or is the preferred provider of professional liability insurance by 9 regional medical associations.
LAMMICO Cons: Customer satisfaction reviews are unavailable for LAMMICO. The company does not have extended customer service hours or 24/7 claims reporting.
To find insurance in your state, use our national insurance company directory to find the best company to meet your needs. You can locate insurance companies that specialize in your specific coverage needs and get connected to an agent near you.
What Type of Insurance Does LAMMICO Offer?
LAMMICO offers medical professional liability insurance for:
- Physicians and surgeons
- Advanced practice providers and allied healthcare providers
- Hospitals and facilities
LAMMICO also offers cyber liability coverage designed for healthcare professionals. The company also offers coverage for actual or alleged billing errors, and coverage for medical regulatory violations.
What to Know About LAMMICO
LAMMICO is a policyholder-owned insurance company that provides comprehensive medical professional and general liability coverage. The company was founded in 1981, and today it is the largest medical malpractice insurance company in Louisiana. It is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, and is the only A-rated company in Louisiana that covers hospitals and facilities.
LAMMICO is licensed to underwrite medical professional liability insurance in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee. It offers coverage for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, CRNAs, dentists, and advanced and allied healthcare providers, as well as hospitals and healthcare facilities.
The company also provides risk-management education, personalized claim handling, and aggressive legal defense services for its customers.
Find The Right Company Today.
Shopping for a company? We have the right one for you.
What Discounts Does LAMMICO Offer?
LAMMICO does not make available information about its specific discounts or reward programs.
LAMMICO Customer Service
Here’s what you need to know about LAMMICO’s customer service options:
- Phone, email, and regular mail contact options
- Online fillable form for general questions
- Social media contact via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Customer service department has the following hours restrictions:
|Monday-Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 1:00 pm|
What is LAMMICO’s average claim response time frame?
LAMMICO does not publish an average claim response time frame.
What is LAMMICO’s customer service availability?
LAMMICO offers customer service by phone Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, CST, and 8:00 am – 1:00 pm on Friday. Customers can also reach the insurance company by fax, email, and via social media.
LAMMICO’s members can register for an account in which they can access their account information, review exclusive content, print certificates, and more.
What is LAMMICO’s claims process?
LAMMICO asks its customers to promptly report malpractice incidents or liability notices from a sheriff, plaintiff's attorney, or the PCF to the insurance company.
- Call LAMMICO’s claims phone line to advise that you have a malpractice claim or an incident to report
- Be prepared to answer basic information and to be connected to an appropriate claims representative
Your malpractice insurance coverage is triggered when you report an incident to LAMMICO. Call the company immediately when:
- Subpoenas or requests for medical records arrive from attorneys involving patients for which you believe a malpractice claim may be filed
- A diagnostic or therapeutic event results in injury or an unanticipated outcome
- You receive verbal or written notification of a patient complaint from the state board of medical examiners, patient’s healthcare insurer, or other entity
- A patient expresses unhappiness related to his or her care
- Hostile patients or family members threaten to sue
- Patients or family members demand that bills be forgiven
When you give notice to LAMMICO that an incident has occurred, you can obtain advice on how to manage the situation from a LAMMICO claim representative. It could prevent a formal claim from being filed.
If a malpractice claim is filed against you, you will participate in the process along with your defense team, comprised of your claim representative and your defense attorney. As a policyholder with LAMMICO, you may take part in the selection of a defense attorney from a list of approved counsel.
LAMMICO has the responsibility, subject to the terms of the insurance policy, for payment of any settlement or judgment on your behalf, the insured, up to the policy limit. The company also has the responsibility of investigating and defending the claim and you can be assured that no medical professional liability claim against you will be settled without your consent, subject to the terms of your policy.
Does LAMMICO create a user-friendly experience for customers?
LAMMICO offers a wealth of online education and resources for its customers, including CME and CNE online continuing education, provider webinars, and LAMMICO’s Risk Management and Patient Safety Education Booklet.
The company’s website is clear and easy to navigate. LAMMICO’s members can register for an account in which they can access their account information, review exclusive content, print certificates, and more.
Does LAMMICO have good physician medical malpractice insurance?
LAMMICO offers medical professional liability insurance to physicians and surgeons. Both claims-made and occurrence policies are available, depending on the needs of the practice
Coverage is customizable and may include the following coverage options or highlights:
- Aggressive legal defense: LAMMICO closes about 90% of cases without indemnity payment
- Consent to settle: Physician policyholders make the final decision to move forward with litigation or settle
- Free cyber liability coverage: No deductible cyber liability coverage with a $10,000 limit is included
- Free tail coverage: Waves the reporting endorsement premium in the event of death, permanent disability, or retirement while a claims-made policy is in force
- Risk management resources: Webinars and online courses to help physicians avoid claims
- Personalized claim handling: Dedicated representative ensure personal contact and attendance at trial
Is LAMMICO a good insurance company?
LAMMICO is a leading, experienced regional medical professional liability insurance company. It offers superior financial stability as well as local service and expertise. The company offers a variety of policy options to fit the needs or different types of practices and facilities.
Customer satisfaction reviews are not available, but overall, LAMMICO can be considered a good insurance company.
LAMMICO Customer Reviews
We did not locate any customer satisfaction reviews for LAMMICO
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award LAMMICO a final rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars. To begin with, LAMMICO has decades of experience in the medical liability insurance industry, and is the largest carrier of its type in Louisiana. Its high ratings from A.M. Best speak to its unquestionable financial strength, one of the most important factors in choosing any insurance company.
The carrier offers flexible policies depending on the need of the provider group or facility. It has been endorsed by nine regional medical associations, and is an important resource for providing continuing education and risk management resources for healthcare professionals.
Unfortunately, we cannot assess customer satisfaction with LAMMICO, as no online reviews were found. We must balance the lack of this vital feedback with the other positive attributes of this insurance company.
LAMMICO can be considered to be a good choice for medical professional liability insurance, but of course it might not be for everyone. It’s always best to explore all of your options.
For help finding medical professional liability insurance near you, use our national insurance company directory to find the best insurance companies to meet your needs. Locate companies that specialize in your specific coverage needs and get connected to an agent near you.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.