The Hartford Insurance Company at a Glance
- Founded in 1810
- Offers personal and commercial coverages
- Large catalogue of coverage options
- Also offers financial services
- Coverage available in all 50 states
- “A+” (superior) rating by A.M. Best
- “A+” (excellent) rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- 24/7 phone, online, or mobile app claims reporting
- Several discounts available
- Strong financial stability
The Hartford pros: Well-established carrier with more than a two centuries worth of experience in the insurance industry. Highly rated by A.M. Best and the BBB. Offers 24/7 claims reporting via phone, online, or mobile app. Strong financial stability. Coverage available in all 50 states. Offers personal and commercial coverages. Large catalogue of insurance options including car insurance, home insurance, RV insurance, business insurance, and more.
The Hartford cons: Not a BBB accredited business. Some mixed customer feedback.
What Type of Insurance Does The Hartford Offer?
The Hartford offers several products, including commercial and personal coverages. Their extensive catalogue includes the following insurance products.
- Car insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Classic car insurance
- RV insurance
- ATV insurance
- Boat insurance
- Golf cart insurance
- Snowmobile insurance
- Renters insurance
- Flood insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Business insurance
- Employee benefits
- Small business insurance
- Business owner’s policy (BOP)
- General liability
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Business income insurance
- Commercial flood insurance
- Commercial property insurance
- Commercial umbrella insurance
- Cyber insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Home-based business insurance
- Management liability insurance
- Marine insurance
- Multinational insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Risk engineering
- Surety and fidelity bonds
Your independent insurance agent can help you find more information about the coverage offered by The Hartford, and help you decide if this insurance company is right for you.
What to Know about The Hartford
The Hartford was founded in 1810, giving the carrier more than two centuries' worth of experience in the insurance industry. For over 200 years now, The Hartford has helped policyholders to pursue goals, seize chances, and triumph through challenges to achieve the things they set out to do by offering dependable coverage. The carrier's catalogue includes a myriad of coverage options ranging from home and car insurance to business, flood, and umbrella insurance.
Today, The Hartford focuses its efforts on providing auto, home, and business solutions for policyholders in need. Coverage is offered in all 50 states, helping to reach customers of all kinds across the country. There are nearly 17,750 employees found on the carrier's LinkedIn network. As far as financial size, A.M. Best places the carrier in the $2 billion or greater category.
Acknowledging its extremely long-standing history, nationwide reach, and strong financial strength, The Hartford has earned a reputation as a stable insurance company with a positive outlook for the future. A.M. Best, the leading global credit rating agency monitoring the insurance industry, gives The Hartford an “A+” rating, indicating the carrier is a superior choice for insurance customers. High ratings from A.M. Best assure customers that The Hartford can offer guaranteed, secure coverage from a financially sound carrier.
Established in 1899, A.M. Best is one of the oldest rating companies in the world. Reviews from A.M. Best indicate an insurance company’s financial strength and creditworthiness and are based on comprehensive evaluations of the company’s operating performance, business profile, and balance sheet. For customers who are not as familiar with insurance companies' respective reputations, A.M. Best’s ratings system allows them to make an informed decision about who they can trust to meet their needs in the short term, and who will remain a strong, financially sound company in the long term.
What Discounts Does The Hartford Offer?
The Hartford makes information about their discounts available on their official website and social media pages. A few of these discounts include the following.
- Driver training discount: Offered to drivers under the age of 21 years old (under 25 in Georgia) who have finished an approved training course.
- Good student discount: Offered to drivers between the age of 16 and 25 years old and a full-time student in high school, college, university, or vocational technical school. Restrictions apply.
- Defensive driver discount: Offered to drivers who finish and pass an approved defensive driver course.
- Bundle car and home insurance discount: Offered to clients who bundle their home and auto insurance.
- Paid-in-full discount: Offered to clients who pay their bill in full.
- Fire protection discount: Offered to clients who install devices such as smoke detectors, fire sprinkler systems, or a home security system.
- Retiree credits: Offered to retired clients who work fewer than 24 hours per week.
- Home security system discount: Offered to clients who add deadbolt locks, burglar alarms, or security systems can secure home insurance discounts.
- Claim-free discount: Offered to clients who have been claim free for extended periods.
- AARP membership discount: Offered to clients who have a membership with AARP.
An independent insurance agent can provide better discount information and premium quotes for coverage through The Hartford. When it comes to coverage, independent insurance agents work hard to help get you the most for the money.
The Hartford Customer Service
The Hartford offers 24/7 phone, online, or mobile app claims reporting for its policyholders. The carrier also provides the following customer service options.
- Online bill pay
- Online account management
- Online claims reporting and tracking
- Customer service department business hours vary by product, but the sales department has the following availability
|Monday-Friday||9am - 6pm|
The best way to ensure a good customer service experience is to work with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents can help handle claims and other concerns for you, so you can relax and enjoy your coverage.
The Hartford FAQ
What is The Hartford's average claim response time frame?
The Hartford offers claims reporting through a couple of mediums. However, the insurance company does not provide an official claims response time frame promise. The Hartford does encourage customers to file claims ASAP after an incident.
What is The Hartford's customer service availability?
The Hartford allows customers to file claims over the phone 24/7. Customer service hours vary depending on the type of information requested. Their customer service department specifies business hours on the carrier’s official website, social media pages, and over the phone. The carrier’s social media presence extends across Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, which makes them highly accessible to customers.
What is The Hartford's claims process?
The Hartford offers a couple of options for claims reporting. If customers have other questions about filing or the claims process itself, they can contact the carrier via phone or get in touch with their independent insurance agent.
The carrier's claims process, as stated on their official website, is broken down in a few simple steps as follows.
- Report a claim
- Hear back from the carrier within a business day
- Carrier will assign a claim adjuster
- Work with claim adjuster to resolve claim
- Get back on the road
Does The Hartford's insurance create a user-friendly experience for customers?
The Hartford’s official website is user-friendly and provides a lot of information about their coverage options, discounts, and claims process. However, the carrier does not detail a claims response time frame. Online bill pay is available, as is 24/7 claims reporting via phone, online, or mobile app, which are convenient and modern customer service features. Overall, The Hartford provides a highly user-friendly experience for its customers.
Does The Hartford have good homeowners insurance?
The Hartford's homeowners insurance provides a lot of important coverage for policyholders, including the following major categories.
- Dwelling coverage
- Other structures coverage
- Personal property coverage
- Loss of use coverage
- Personal liability coverage
- Medical payments coverage
Your independent insurance agent can help you find even more information about The Hartford's homeowners insurance policies, as well as their many other coverages offered.
Is The Hartford a good insurance company?
The Hartford is an extremely long-standing carrier with more than 200 years' worth of experience. The insurance company provides a large catalogue of coverage options for customers of all kinds, from personal to business lines. The carrier provides many modern customer service options such as 24/7 claims reporting and online bill pay. Further, there are many glowing customer reviews easily spotted across the web. Overall, The Hartford can indeed be considered a good insurance company.
The Hartford Customer Reviews
|"We were paying quite a large amount of money on car Insurance for three cars. My husband got tired of it and started searching diligently for a better price. He came across Hartford and was quoted a price that he couldn't resist. We switched over to them and have been happy with their prices ever since."|
|“Good response time for inquiries. Good explanation of coverage. Helpful email and online experiences."|
|“Good response time for inquiries. Good explanation of coverage. Helpful email and online experiences."|
|“AARP Hartford is great car insurance. Consistently gives the best rates and discounts that fit our changing lifestyle and auto usage. Superb customer service. Bundled with home or renter insurance drops rates further.”|
|“I love the service provided and it is honestly really amazing with an incredible team and a great staff."|
|“I have been a customer of The Hartford for approximately 6 years now. I am very happy with their customer service and have not had any problems communicating with them. Their prices are competitive with other insurance carriers."|
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award The Hartford insurance company a final rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The insurance company has been around for more than two centuries now, which is an incredible achievement within the industry. The Hartford has received very high ratings through A.M. Best and the BBB. Coverage is offered in all 50 states and their catalog is quite extensive, with a focus on auto, home, and business insurance. The insurance company provides 24/7 claims reporting via phone as well as online bill pay. The carrier also provides a clear outline of its claims process for customers, as well as an in-depth look at their coverage options. There is plenty of glowing customer feedback found on the web, proving The Hartford's commitment to excellence. Many positive things can be said about this carrier overall. So, our recommendation is that if you're on the market for any of their many coverage options, don't hesitate to look into The Hartford with your independent insurance agent to be your next trusted carrier.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.