Arizona's hot, dry climate, and flat, open plains are perfect for ATV riding. In fact, the state has over 40 ATV and OHV areas, with a large support effort for riders to enjoy the climate, along with being active in its conservation.
Arizona has strict laws about ATV and OHV use, including required equipment such as headlights, brakelights, and spark arrestors, along with strict trail usage laws designed to help everyone enjoy the trails and stay safe. Additionally, if you plan to ride your ATV on any public roads, insurance is required by law.
One major part of staying safe on the trails is having insurance covering your ATV activities. With ATV use growing in popularity, accidents are on the rise. If you're involved in an accident on your ATV, being uninsured could prove disastrous for your family's financial picture. ATV insurance protects you from having to pay large sums out of pocket for repairs or medical bills.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Arizona ATV Facts
- Between 2008-2011, there were 42 reported deaths associated with ATVs.
- Between 1982-2007, there were 45 ATV-related deaths in children 16 and under, and 252 adult deaths.
- All riders under 18 must wear a helmet at all times.
- Every ATV must be titled and registered in the state of Arizona.
Whether you're hitting the trails in the Arizona strip, or conquering Hualapai Mountain, being safe on your ATV should always be a priority. It is important the you have all the required equipment, along with extra food, water, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit. The state of Arizona recommends that these items, plus others, always be taken when using your ATV.
One other important item to have with you is ATV insurance. While everyone tries to be safe on the trails, accidents happen. Having ATV insurance covering your ATV can give you peace of mind that the repairs will be covered, and that you won't be financially responsible for hefty judgements or medical bills.
What is ATV Insurance in Arizona?
ATV insurance is a set of policies designed to protect you from the risks you face while using your ATV in Arizona. A typical ATV policy may resemble the following:
- Liability: Liability insurance is meant to remedy any damage you cause to property. This does not repair your ATV, however, if you hit someone else's ATV, or damage a fence or building with your ATV, your liability insurance will pay for the necessary repairs to the damaged party's property.
- Collision: This insurance provides you with protection for your ATV in case of an accident. Whether you hit a rock, building, trailer, or other ATV, you will have coverage to get your ATV repaired.
- Comprehensive: This insurance is typically required by lenders, as it covers everything other than collision. This includes fire, wind, theft, rain, or arson.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist: Unfortunately, many ATV riders do not carry enough insurance, or carry no insurance at all. If you're involved in an accident with someone who is under/uninsured, and they are responsible financially for repairs, you may have difficulty getting the funds to pay for the repair or medical bills. With this coverage in place, you will get help covering those costs.
- Medical Cost Coverage: Regardless of fault, if an accident ends in injuries that require medical attention, this coverage can kick in to cover those costs.
What Types of ATVs in Arizona are Covered by ATV Insurance?
No matter the type of ATV you own, there is an insurance policy to cover it. The following is a list of ATVs that can be covered by insurance:
- Racing ATV
- One person ATV
- Multiple person ATV
- 3 Wheeler
- Side-by-side ATV
- Dune buggy
- Farm ATV
This list is not exhaustive, and if you have a custom ATV, or an ATV not in this list, it is most likely insurable. It is important that you speak with an insurance agent to get a better idea of the coverage that's right for you.
How Much is an ATV Insurance Quote in Arizona?
There isn't any exact number for a quote that applies to all ATV owners, since your risks are individual. When searching for ATV insurance, be sure to get familiar with the following information in order to get the most accurate quote:
- Type of ATV
- Make/model of ATV
- Value of ATV
- Where ATV will be stored
- Where ATV will be used
- Who will be riding the ATV
- Age of riders/drivers
- Driving record of riders/drivers
- If ATV is financed
- Preferred coverages
- Preferred deductible
These factors, plus more, will go into calculating a quote that will properly cover you for all your risks.
Are There Discounts Available for ATV Insurance in Arizona?
Typically, there are many discounts available on ATV insurance policies, including the following:
- Multi-policy discounts
- Good driver discounts
- Discounts for making a one-time annual payment
- Safety course discount
- Military discount
- Educator discount
- Industry affiliation discount
When searching for ATV insurance quotes, be sure to ask about any discounts available, along with discounts you may not be aware of.
How Do I Get ATV Insurance in Arizona?
When it comes to insuring your ATV, it's important to have a professional by your side that knows the hobby and understands the risks. A Trusted Choice® agent is always available to help you discuss coverages, suggest discounts, or even help you file a claim.