Cadiz is one of Kentucky's best-kept secrets, with picturesque scenery and a thriving local economy. As a resident of Cadiz, KY, you will enjoy rolling farmland as far as your eyes can see as well as old tobacco barns scattered all through the town. This city is home to Lake Barkley State Resort Park, which offers land to explore and many water activities to enjoy. Businesses in this city have ample opportunity to thrive. During previous years, there were 340,746 small businesses in Kentucky, providing employment to 686,517 people. Of course, owning a business is always risky. Recently, loss payouts to Kentucky businesses totaled $3,723,405.
Take the steps to protect your assets as a Cadiz business owner by investing in Cadiz business insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents specialize in helping businesses in Cadiz select comprehensive commercial insurance that safeguards against threats like liability, property damage, and even cyber crime.
As you begin your adventure into the world of small business, it is important to first consider adding general liability coverage. Liability lawsuits can spiral out of control quickly and cause catastrophic financial damage. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Make sure your business is prepared with the right kind of general liability insurance.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. If your company manufactures a physical good, then product liability is the right choice. It takes only a single defective product to land you in the middle of an expensive liability lawsuit, but product liability insurance safeguards your business assets.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: For businesses that provide services rather than sell products, professional liability insurance is the best option. This type of coverage protects you against accusations of errors and omissions. If you do end up in a lawsuit, your professional liability insurance covers the costs of legal defense and any court-ordered payouts.
Business Interruption Insurance for Cadiz Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Kentucky gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP increase was 0.6% less than the recent GDP increase
Tornadoes are very prevalent in this town, so imagine how it would feel to have a massive storm damage your business to the point where it was unable to stay open. It would take weeks or even months to repair the damage. Business interruption insurance steps in to pay you for the profits you lose during these types of unexpected interruptions. It’s a lifesaving policy that could keep your business afloat if disaster strikes in your neighborhood.
Property Insurance for Cadiz Businesses
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Cadiz residents face a high risk of tornadoes, with an average of two each year. They have seen 98 since 1950. These storms can cause major damage to homes and businesses in the area. Make sure you’re prepared by investing in commercial property insurance. If your business gets trashed in a storm, you can file a claim with your business insurance company and get the funds you need to make repairs and get back to work as soon as possible.
Workers' Compensation for Cadiz Businesses
Across most of the United States, employers are now legally required to have workers' compensation coverage before hiring even a single employee. If an employee gets injured on the job, you could be facing a major lawsuit. Workers' compensation safeguards your business by paying for medical care and lost wages after a work-related injury.
Employee Coverages for Cadiz Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Kentucky: $697,974
- Ranked 25th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,077/person or $15,463/family
Finding affordable health care for business owners to offer employees is becoming increasingly difficult. Our agents are available to help you find affordable coverage by showing you quotes from many different policies. By taking time to compare rates, you can drastically cut the costs of health insurance and life insurance plans for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Cadiz Businesses
- 2,358 identity theft complaints in Kentucky in recent years
- Ranked #43 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Research shows that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. Cyber crime is a growing problem across the nation. If your Cadiz business doesn’t have a plan in place, it’s time to make one now. Hackers are a growing problem for small businesses in Kentucky, so make sure you’re prepared with cyber crime insurance. This coverage safeguards your business assets and provides peace of mind that you’re covered even if you do find yourself in the midst of a serious data breach.
If you are a business owner in Cadiz, let the search for affordable business insurance start with a call to our friendly Independent Insurance Agents. Don’t try to navigate through the time consuming process alone; let our experienced agents help.
To learn more about your options for Cadiz commercial insurance coverage, contact a Trusted Choice agent to get a free rate quote today.