From the tree-lined country lanes to the lush green countryside, Mayfield offers some of Kentucky's most beautiful scenery. Over the years, this quaint town has become a hub for small businesses that capitalize on tourists visiting the local Civil War monuments and attending the annual Gourd Patch Festival. If you're a small-business owner in Mayfield, KY, you probably already know that Kentucky is a great place to chase your business dreams. During previous years, there were 340,746 small businesses in Kentucky, providing jobs to 686,517 people.
However, recent years have also brought some serious risks for business owners, with $3,723,405 paid out for losses. The best way to protect your company from common threats is by investing in Mayfield business insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents specialize in helping small-business owners find the right kinds of commercial insurance. Whether you're a budding entrepreneur or an experienced CEO, our Independent Insurance Agents can guide you toward the best policy for your company.
Liability is a common cause for lawsuits against small businesses in Kentucky. Imagine if someone tripped and fell in your parking lot because it hadn't been repaved. You might be responsible for the medical bills. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. If you're concerned that your business could be a risk for liability issues, take action now to protect your company with commercial insurance.
- Product Liability: It only takes one defective product to lead to disaster for a small business. If one of your products damages a customer's property or causes bodily injury, you will be liable to pay for medical expenses and/or property repairs. According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards and 53 percent of medical malpractice awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. This is a hefty burden for any small business to shoulder, so make sure you're covered with a comprehensive product liability insurance policy.
- E&O/Professional Liability: Whether you're an event planner, a chef or a general contractor, make sure you're covered with comprehensive coverage for general liability. If you make a small judgment error that causes harm to your customers (whether real or imagined), you could be facing a major lawsuit. Professional liability insurance shoulders the bill for your legal defense and pays out any subsequent court-ordered settlements.
Business Interruption Insurance for Mayfield Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Kentucky gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP was 0.6% lower than the recent GDP
Business interruption insurance is one of the most important types of coverage a small business can invest in. If your business has to close due to an eligible interrupting event, business interruption insurance compensates you for any lost profits. For example, if your business floods and you have to shut down for a few weeks, business interruption insurance pays you for the income you lose while you wait on repairs to be made.
Property Insurance for Mayfield Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Recently, businesses lost $9.7 billion from uncovered property damage. In Mayfield's high-risk tornado zone, companies of all sizes have to think about the possibility of natural disasters and the potential damage they can cause. Since 1950, there have been 129 tornadoes to sweep through the city, wreaking havoc and leaving a trail of destruction behind. Make sure your business property is covered with the best commercial insurance in case a tornado touches down in your area.
Workers' Compensation for Mayfield Businesses
Work-related injuries or illnesses almost always catch business owners off guard. If you don't have workers' compensation coverage, you could get stuck with a massive lawsuit to pay for the medical bills. Workers' compensation is an important part of building your customized commercial insurance policy, and our Independent Insurance Agents can help you choose the right amount of workers' compensation coverage to protect you and your employees in case of accidents or illnesses.
Employee Coverages for Mayfield Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Kentucky: $697,974
- Ranked 25th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,077/person or $15,463/family
With health care costs on the rise, today's workforce is looking for job opportunities that come with quality benefits. For Mayfield businesses, finding the best employee coverage options will help you build a stable, loyal staff that helps your company succeed. Our Independent Insurance Agents offer multiple quotes on employee coverages like health care and life insurance so you can compare costs and find the best rates for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Mayfield Businesses
- 2,358 Identity theft complaints in Kentucky in recent years
- Ranked 43rd highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Despite the growing prevalence of cyber crime, only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. If a hacker targets your company, how would you respond? Cyber crime insurance is a smart way to create a response plan and protect your company's financial assets against identity theft or data breaches.
Small-business insurance can be the difference between a Mayfield business that succeeds and one that fails. One lawsuit can wipe out years of your hard work by emptying all of your company's financial assets. When it comes to your business, you just can't afford to skimp on insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents offer one-on-one assistance to Mayfield business owners and create customized commercial insurance solutions for liability, property damage and cyber crime.
Contact an agent today to get your customized quote and to learn more about how you can get affordable, comprehensive Mayfield commercial insurance.