While the roads in the small city of Augusta, KY do not get overly congested as they might in larger cities, traffic accidents can still happen. Whether you cruise down Augusta Chatham Road or you stick to the residential roads, it only takes one small error, whether by you or by another driver, to cause a collision. Fortunately, you can protect your finances in the aftermath of an accident by carrying Augusta auto insurance that meets or exceeds Kentucky’s state-mandated minimums.
You can save money on your insurance by comparing policies and rates from at least three reputable insurance companies before making a selection. This is easy to do when you work with an independent insurance agent in our network. Your local agents can help you gather, review and compare a variety of competitively priced Augusta car insurance quotes that are suitable to meet your coverage needs. Find an agent near you to get started.
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Kentucky average cost per year: $1,341
- 21st most expensive auto premium in U.S.
Kentucky’s car insurance rates are on par with national averages. Your actual Augusta auto insurance costs, however, may be quite different from the average listed above because they are calculated based on several different factors. These include but are not limited to the following:
- The make, model, year and safety record of your vehicles(s)
- The ZIP code where you live and park your car(s)
- The approximate number of miles you drive each month
- Your driving record
- Your insurance claims history
- The age, sex, marital status and driving records of all licensed drivers in your household
- The amount of coverage you would like to buy
- The deductible you are requesting
- In some cases, even your credit score
Every insurance company that you request prices from is likely to quote you a different cost for your premiums. This is why comparison shopping enables you to save money on your Augusta car insurance.
Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: not required
- Minimum liability limits: 25/50/10: Coverage up to $25,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $50,000 for one individual, and $10,000 coverage for property damage
Being caught operating a vehicle without having insurance that meets or exceeds Kentucky’s minimum coverage requirements is a serious offense. In Kentucky, it is a Class B misdemeanor that can result in any or all of the following:
- Fines of up to $1,000
- Incarceration for up to 90 days
- Suspension of your license plate for up to one year
- Placement in the “high risk” category of drivers, which can considerably increase your car insurance coverage rates
Bear in mind that while the minimum liability coverage amounts might be high enough to protect your finances in a majority of motor vehicle collisions, an accident that results in serious injuries or significant property damage can easily exceed these limits. If that happens, you are required to make up the difference out of pocket. You may therefore want to consider purchasing higher liability amounts with your Augusta auto insurance policy. Your agent can help you review quotes for different levels of coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Kentucky
- Number of uninsured U.S. drivers: 12.6%
- Number of uninsured Kentucky drivers: 15.80%
If you are in a collision that is the fault of an uninsured driver, that person is responsible for paying for your property damage and any necessary medical treatment for injuries. Until you collect this payment, you have to cover these costs on your own. Unfortunately, it can be difficult, or even impossible, to collect reimbursement from the responsible party – particularly if the offending driver simply does not have the funds to make reparations.
That is why it is a good idea to include uninsured motorist coverage with your Augusta car insurance. That way, if you find yourself in this situation, you collect compensation for your damage directly from your insurance company. Your insurer then attempts to recoup these costs by going after the responsible driver on its own. This optional insurance also covers damage and injuries caused by a hit-and-run driver.
Number of Auto Thefts in Kentucky
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Florida number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 1.87
Auto theft rates in Kentucky are much lower than the national average, and in Augusta, the risk is almost nonexistent. During recent years, there were no auto thefts reported in this city. Of course, you are probably not going to spend all of your time in Augusta, so the possibility of having your car stolen still exists. If that should happen, you can only receive compensation for your loss if your Augusta auto insurance policy includes comprehensive, or “other than collision,” insurance. This insurance covers all noncollision-related damage, including that caused by noncollision fires, falling objects, floods and property crimes.
Find the Best Augusta Car Insurance Policy
Nobody wants to overpay for auto insurance. However, if you bought your coverage without checking rates from a few rival insurance companies first, chances are you are doing just that. That is why savvy car owners in Augusta turn to the independent agents in our network for assistance when they are shopping for insurance. Our agents make comparison shopping easy by contacting a variety of insurance companies on your behalf. Your agent can then help you review and compare your selection of Augusta car insurance quotes so that you can choose the one that best meets your coverage and budgetary needs.
Find an agent with an office near you to learn more.