Danville Car Insurance
(Find the right car insurance policy for you.)
It’s impossible to be more in the middle of it all than Danville, KY. At the center of the state and at the edge of the rolling hills into horse country, this is a town that has it all. But you do need a car to get around, and that means you need car insurance. The best Danville auto insurance policy for you is based on many things, including state requirements, your lifestyle and your car. In order to navigate all the options to find the best policy for yourself, talk to your Independent Insurance Agent. Your agent will get you multiple quotes so that you can compare to find the best policy for your needs at a price you can afford.
The Bluegrass State has very average rates for car insurance, overall. The U.S. average for car insurance was $1,311 in recent years, but in Kentucky, it was $1,341 in those same years. Your car insurance is based on factors from your life, however, and the more you know about them the more you can take steps on your own to keep your car insurance affordable. These are the factors:
- Your coverage and deductibles - How much coverage do you have for any claim?
- What you drive - A more expensive car to repair costs more to insure.
- How often and how far you drive - Insurers usually take your word for it.
- Where you live - How much vandalism has there been in your neighborhood?
- Your driving record - Are you accident- and ticket-free?
- Your credit history - A credit risk is considered to be an insurance risk.
- Your age, sex, and marital status - Single males under 25 are the highest risk.
Every insurance company stresses different aspects of your life when giving you a quote, so shopping around for the insurance that fits your car and your life is critical.
Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
State law has certain minimum insurance requirements for every driver. The options you can select, starting with these requirements, include the following:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This is required, with a minimum of $25,000 per person covered and a minimum of $50,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for any property (primarily other cars) damaged in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: This is also required with a minimum of $10,000 for every motorist.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This is not required in Kentucky, but you may want it in case you are hit by someone who has no insurance.
- Comprehensive: This is not required. This a policy that includes all of the above plus many additional features, including coverage of any damage to the car for any reason.
Above and beyond the demands of state law, you can also choose to have what is called a comprehensive policy. This covers any damage to your car for any reason, including theft, storms, and vandalism. Many policies even include a rental when your car is in the shop so that you can always get around. It’s important to select the right policy for your lifestyle and not simply opt for the lowest price.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Kentucky
State law does not require you to carry uninsured motorist coverage, but it is something you should consider. Kentucky has a higher than average rate of uninsured drivers, as shown in these data from recent years:
- Across the U.S., 12.6% of all drivers are uninsured.
- In Kentucky, 15.8% of all drivers have no insurance.
Since one in six drivers is uninsured, carrying uninsured motorist coverage is a good idea. This pays out quickly in the event you are in an accident with a driver who is not carrying insurance, avoiding long hassles with lawyers and the courts. If you are injured in an accident with an uninsured driver, the potential cost to you is much more than the value of your car – medical bills can be nearly unlimited. Uninsured motorist coverage is definitely worth considering, even in Danville.
Number of Auto Thefts in Kentucky
Car theft is relatively uncommon in Kentucky, as shown here in recent data:
- Nationally, 2.94 out of every 1,000 cars are stolen every year.
- In Kentucky, 1.87 out of every 1,000 cars are stolen.
Some makes and models are more heavily targeted by thieves for a number of reasons – they are easier to steal, easier to sell when “hot,” or have a larger market for parts. If you are contemplating buying a new car, you may want to check to see if it falls into this category and is more expensive to insure. No matter what, there are many things you can do to minimize your auto theft risk and keep your insurance claims down so that you maintain the lowest cost for your car insurance.
Find a Great Danville Car Insurance Policy
With so many options, finding the best car insurance for your needs can be daunting. Make an appointment with your Independent Agent today to understand the options for your vehicle and lifestyle so that you can get the quote that fits your needs and your budget the best.