There is a lot that lies within easy access to Florence, KY. Start with the natural rolling hills of horse country that stretches throughout northern Kentucky. Go even farther with fantastic access to the whole world through the Cincinnati airport right next door. It’s still the crossroads of the region in many ways. To make good use of the amenities of Florence, you do need a car, and that means that you have to have car insurance.
Your Independent Insurance Agent can help you figure out the many options you have and find the best insurance for your situation. Since agents aren’t tied to one company, they will shop around for multiple quotes so that you can compare and find the policy that fits your needs and your wallet. Car insurance is very affordable in Kentucky. It runs very close to the national average in cost:
- Nationwide, car insurance cost $1,311 on average in recent years.
- In Kentucky, it ran about the same at $1,341.
- This ranks the state 21st overall.
- There were $3.7 million in losses that year.
While it is very reasonably priced, overall, car insurance cost is a strong function of what you drive and how many miles you put on the vehicle. Some cars are big targets for thieves for many reasons, including makes and models you might not expect. It’s important to shop around because different carriers treat different aspects of your lifestyle as a higher risk than others.
Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
The laws in Kentucky require you to have basic liability coverage. This is where your car insurance starts, but you can always elect to have more coverage based on your needs. The kinds of insurance you can select from include the following:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This is required, with a minimum of $25,000 per person covered and a minimum of $50,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for any property (primarily other cars) damaged in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for every motorist.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This is not required in Kentucky, but you may want it in case you are hit by someone who has no insurance.
- Comprehensive: This is not required. This is a policy that includes all of the above plus many additional features, including coverage of any damage to the car for any reason.
Generally, if you have a new car that you want to keep looking its best or that you simply want to rely on every day, you might want to have a comprehensive policy. There are many different kinds of comprehensive auto insurance. Some policies include towing and rental car coverage while yours is in the shop, so you are never stuck by the side of the road. If you have an active lifestyle and absolutely need to get around, you should shop around for the most affordable policy.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Kentucky
Uninsured motorist coverage is not required by law in Kentucky, but you may still want to consider carrying it. While not especially common in the Bluegrass State, there are still a lot of people who drive without insurance. The statistics from recent years show it:
- Nationally, 12.6% of all drivers are uninsured.
- In Kentucky, 15.8% of all drivers have no insurance.
Despite the state laws requiring basic liability, nearly one in six drivers are not covered. If you are hit by a driver who has no insurance, you have to sue in court to recover any losses you experience, such as your car damage or your medical bills. An uninsured driver policy takes care of that for you. It’s important to have this coverage in Florence because of how many uninsured drivers there are on the road.
Number of Auto Thefts in Kentucky
Cars are stolen less frequently in Kentucky than in most other states. The data from recent years show how much less:
- Across the U.S., 2.94 out of every 1,000 cars are stolen each year.
- In Kentucky, the rate was only 1.87 out of every 1,000 cars.
Despite the low rate, you may want to carry comprehensive coverage that includes protection from theft. If you do not have comprehensive coverage and your car is stolen, you have to find a replacement on your own. If you really rely on your car to get around Florence and northern Kentucky, you need to be sure that you can replace your car no matter what. That includes comprehensive insurance for just about any car, not just a new one.
It may be more affordable for you if you have a safe place to park your car off the street, which some insurance carriers take into account. The right policy for you isn’t always a matter of the lowest cost, which is why it’s important to shop around to different companies to find the one that works best with your lifestyle.
Find a Great Florence Car Insurance Policy
It isn’t easy to get the right policy for your needs at a price you can afford. Your Independent Agent can help you find the insurance carrier that suits you the best so that you can drive with confidence, knowing that everything is taken care of. Talk to an agent, and get the auto insurance quote that fits your lifestyle at the price that fits your wallet.