You never know when accidents will happen. If you own a vehicle in Maysville, it is essential by Kentucky state law to have car insurance. After a collision, a reliable auto insurance policy protects you from large financial losses.
Finding the best car insurance is simple when you work with a local independent insurance agent. They will provide you with a variety of customized auto insurance quotes at competitive prices. Find an insurance agent near Maysville to get started.
Maysville, Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
If your vehicle is registered in Maysville, then it must be insured. It’s important to have car insurance because without it you are completely unprotected from any financial consequences.
Any owner of a vehicle must have liability insurance that will help cover the cost of property damage to third parties for accidents that they are found at fault for.
Minimum liability insurance requirements:
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $50,000 bodily injury per incident
- $25,000 property damage per incident
If you are planning to move to Maysville, have seasonal vehicles, or could potentially be part of an exemption, it's important to know what auto insurance coverage you need.
Maysville Uninsured Motorists
An average of 1 in 8 drivers in Maysville is not insured. Insurance is a year- round requirement. Recently, regulations for car insurance have become more unyielding. If you're caught driving a registered car without auto insurance, your vehicle registration could be revoked. In addition, you could potentially pay a high fine and even spend up to 90 days in jail.
Car Thefts in Maysville, Kentucky
In 2018, there were over 11,000 reported motor vehicle thefts in the state of Kentucky. All of that put together is worth over $110 million. Here are the types of vehicles that are stolen in Maysville:
- Cars: 73%
- Trucks: 15%
- Other motor vehicles: 9%
You never know when auto theft will happen, which is why it's important to make sure that all of your motor vehicles are covered. With the right comprehensive coverage, you will be back on the road in no time.
Other Car Insurance Options in Maysville, Kentucky
In Maysville, you are required to have liability coverage, but there are extra options to make sure that you are covered in any circumstance. Below are additional coverage options to give you extra protection.
- Comprehensive coverage: This insurance covers damage that is out of your control, such as theft, weather, windshield and collisions with animals.
- Collision coverage: If you collide with another vehicle or object, this insurance will help pay to repair or replace your car.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Regardless of fault, this insurance will cover medical expenses and lost wages.
- Towing and labor coverage: This insurance will assist with the cost of flat tires, lockouts and even dead batteries.
Maysville, Kentucky Car Insurance Costs
The average person in Maysville spends around $67 dollars a month on car insurance. Some factors that are considered to determine premium are:
- Age: A young driver is seen as being at a higher risk than a more seasoned driver in their 40s.
- Gender: Until around the age of 25, men pay higher car insurance premiums due to their tendency to engage in riskier behavior.
- Driving record: With a clean driving record, your costs will be much lower than if you have had traffic violations or accidents.
Luckily, you don’t only have to have a clean driving record in Maysville to get the best prices on car insurance. There are a number of different discounts you can get on your policy to get you the best deal, such as homeowner, multi-car, and anti-theft discounts.
How to Find Car Insurance in Maysville, Kentucky
Work with a local independent insurance agent to get the best car insurance coverage for you. Independent agents work with multiple insurance companies to compare quotes. Let them do the hard part so you can get the best coverage.
To find the best insurance solution in your area, use this independent agent matching system. Provide some details about what you're looking for, and this tool will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent only to the agents you choose.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.