The farms of the Jackson Purchase leading into the rolling hills are a great place to live. The long history of Murray, KY and the quiet life tie everyone to the land almost as much as agriculture. A peaceful life is yours for the taking in, here. But to get around, you absolutely need to have a car, which means that for the rural life in Murray auto insurance is a must.
Car insurance is required by state law, but the minimums may not be enough if you really need to be able to get around every day. Your Independent Insurance Agent can help you navigate the requirements made by law and your lifestyle to find the best coverage. By obtaining multiple quotes from many agencies, you can find car insurance that fits your needs at the lowest cost. Fortunately, car insurance is very affordable in rural Kentucky:
- On average, car insurance premiums cost $1,311 per year in the U.S.
- In Kentucky, the average is $1,341 every year.
- The state ranks 21st overall in car insurance cost.
- Recently, there were $3,723,405 in losses claimed in Kentucky.
Good car insurance is about much more than keeping your car looking like new. The liability you take on by driving includes the nearly unlimited potential medical costs incurred by someone injured in an accident as well as damage to property. Your insurance covers this liability so that you can drive with confidence.
Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
There are minimum requirements for liability coverage mandated by state law in Kentucky. These are the following:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This is required, with a minimum of $25,000 per person covered and a minimum of $50,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability: This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for any property (primarily other cars) damaged in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: This is also required, with a minimum of $10,000 for every motorist.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This is not required in Kentucky, but you may want it in case you are hit by someone who has no insurance.
You can also choose to have what’s called “comprehensive coverage,” which takes care of any damage done to your car for any reason – including storms, vandalism, and theft. It’s a bit more expensive, but it is the best way to keep your car looking its best, no matter what happens.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Kentucky
If you are in an accident, there’s a good chance that the other driver will not be insured – 12.6 percent of all drivers or one in eight are uninsured on average in the U.S. It’s a bit higher in Kentucky, with 15.8 percent of all drivers not carrying the insurance required by law. Uninsured motorist coverage is usually affordable and very helpful if you need it. That’s especially true if you have a new car and select comprehensive coverage. If you are in an accident that isn’t your fault, uninsured motorist coverage takes care of you, even if the person responsible has no insurance protection. With nearly one in six drivers uninsured, it’s a good idea to protect yourself.
Number of Auto Thefts in Kentucky
Auto theft is very rare in Kentucky, and even less common in Murray.
- The U.S. average was 2.94 thefts per 1,000 cars in recent years.
- In Kentucky, the rate was 1.87 per 1,000 cars.
While auto theft is not a problem generally, it’s important to be insured against it. Some makes and models are more heavily targeted by thieves, so if you are thinking about buying a new car, you may want to find out what it will cost to insure before deciding. You can also keep your potential losses to a minimum by being careful where you park and making use of your car alarm.
Find a Great Murray Car Insurance Policy
Insuring a car in Murray is not difficult, but there are requirements and choices that you will have to navigate to find the coverage that is best for you. Talk to your Independent Agent to get multiple quotes from many companies so that you can compare and pick the most affordable policy that fits your budget.