While traffic in the small city of Russellville, KY is not as bad as it is in larger cities, the risk of being in a collision still exists. This can be especially true when passing drivers on any of the narrow two-lane roads in this city. The good news is when you have a suitable Russellville auto insurance policy backing you up, you do not need to worry about the financial burdens that a motor vehicle accident can cause.
Independent insurance agents in our network make finding great insurance at an affordable price easy. These agents can answer your insurance-related questions and explain your various car insurance options. They can then contact a variety of reputable insurers to gather a selection of competitively priced Russellville car insurance quotes for policies customized to meet your specific needs. Find an agent in or near Russellville to learn more.
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Kentucky average cost per year: $1,341
- 21st most expensive auto premium in U.S.
Auto insurance rates in Kentucky are about the same as the national average. Of course, the rates listed above can only give you a general idea of what you might expect to pay. Actual rates vary significantly from one person to the next because each insurance company calculates rates according to a number of different factors. Some variable an insurance company might take into consideration include the following:
- Your ZIP code
- The approximate number of miles you drive each month
- The make, model, year and safety features of the vehicle(s) you wish to insure
- The age, sex and marital status of all licensed drivers in your household
- The driving records and claims histories of all licensed drivers in your household
- The amount of liability coverage you wish to purchase
- The coverage options you wish to include in your policy
- The deductible you are requesting
Each insurance company has its own unique way of assessing risk and assigning rates. Therefore, comparison shopping puts you at an advantage by enabling you to choose the Russellville auto insurance policy that provides the best value for your money.
Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: not required
- Minimum liability limits: 25/50/10: Coverage up to $25,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $50,000 for one individual, and $10,000 coverage for property damage
These minimums are typically enough to cover the liability costs of most vehicular accidents, but a major collision that involves severe injuries or property damage can easily exceed these amounts. If that happens, you are responsible for making up the difference out of pocket. You can further protect your assets by purchasing coverage with higher liability limits. Failure to carry auto insurance that meets or exceeds Kentucky’s minimum coverage requirements is a Class B misdemeanor, and it has serious consequences. If you are caught driving while uninsured, you can be subjected to any or all of the following:
- Suspension of your license plate
- Fines as high as $1,000
- Potential incarceration for up to 90 days
You could also be placed in a high-risk category of drivers, which can lead to a dramatic increase in your car insurance rates. Simply put, it’s not worth the risk.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Kentucky
- Number of uninsured U.S. drivers: 12.6%
- Number of uninsured Kentucky drivers: 15.80%
In spite of Kentucky’s harsh penalties for doing so, a significant number of people in this state are driving without insurance. If you are involved in an accident and the at-fault driver is uninsured, that person is responsible for covering your damage and any necessary medical treatments. Unless you have uninsured motorist coverage as part of your Russellville car insurance policy, you need to go after the driver on your own, and it can often be difficult, if not impossible, to collect compensation. When you have uninsured motorist coverage, your insurance company covers your damage upfront and then attempts to collect funds from the offending driver on their own. This optional insurance also covers damage and injuries caused by hit-and-run drivers.
Number of Auto Thefts in Kentucky
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Florida number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 1.87
The rate of car theft in the state of Kentucky is lower than the national average; and in Russellville, the rate is consistent with state averages. Recently, there were a total of 13 reported auto thefts in this city. That equates to about 1.87 thefts per 1,000 vehicles – exactly the state average. In the event that your car is stolen, you will only be able to receive compensation from your insurance company if your Russellville car insurance policy includes comprehensive (or “other than collision”) insurance. This insurance also covers damage caused by such hazards as falling objects, floods, vandalism and noncollision-related fires.
Find the Best Russellville Car Insurance Policy
There is absolutely no reason why you should pay more than you have to for your auto insurance. If you are looking for an affordable Russellville auto insurance policy that will provide all the coverage you and your family need, you can benefit from working with an independent agent in our network. These agents work with several different insurance companies, so they can collect a variety of suitable policies and quotes that you can compare.
There are several local agents located throughout the state of Kentucky, and some have offices near you. Find a local agent to get more information about your coverage options, and discover how easy it is to save money on your premiums by comparing Russellville car insurance quotes.