Rated as one of the best places to live in Ohio, Clintonville is home to a population of just under 15,000 people. If you have purchased a home in this city, protect it with a reliable homeowners policy.
Whether you have just bought a home or want to review your current coverage, an independent insurance agent can help. They aren’t stuck to an insurance company, so they’ll find you a competitive rate with the coverage you need. Enlist an agent to get started.
How Much Will Homeowners Insurance Cost in Clintonville, OH?
Your home insurance rate is going to look different than your neighbor's. Insurance companies use specific factors about you to calculate your quote, such as:
- Your claims history
- Your credit score
- Your home’s age and what it is made from (bricks, wood)
- The location of your home (ZIP code, county)
- If your home has a fence, garage, or a swimming pool
Even if you don’t have the cleanest record, rates in Ohio tend to be much lower than the national average.
- National yearly average: $1,211
- Ohio yearly average: $862
It’s always a good idea to comparison shop before you purchase, and an independent insurance agent will do this for you. They work with numerous insurers and will help you find an affordable rate with the coverage you need.
Doe Your Homeowners Insurance Include Liability Coverage in Clintonville, OH?
Your home insurance policy comes with limited liability coverage. This will provide protection against accidents that you are at fault for, or that happen on your property which result in injury or property damage.
Your liability coverage will protect you against:
- Dog bites: If your child forgets to close the fence and the dog gets loose and bites a neighbor, you’ll be liable for the costs. Homeowners insurance policy cover claims of roughly $400 million a year because of dog bites.
- Slips and falls: A someone slips and falls on your sidewalk, it can result in costly medical bills, and maybe even legal fees.
- Neighborhood damage: If you're mowing the lawn and a rock is kicked up and damages your neighbor’s house or car, you’ll be covered.
Once your liability coverage has reached its limit, you’ll be expected to pay the rest of the bill. You may want to consider purchasing an umbrella policy. This will activate once liability has paid out in full. Let an independent agent help you find the coverage you need to protect yourself financially.
Clintonville, OH, Homeowners Insurance Covers Your Property
Catastrophic events in Ohio
- Number of federally declared disasters in Ohio: 59
- Most common reason for disasters in OH: Severe storms
- Average number of tornados per year: 19
- Home insurance claims paid in 2016: $1,105,456,000
A good rule of thumb is to have enough coverage to rebuild, repair, or replace your damaged property if your home is impacted by a covered disaster. Have an agent help you go over your coverage or find the amount you need to be in the clear.
Property Crimes in Clintonville, OH
The burglary rate in Clintonville will factor into the overall price you pay for your homeowners policy.
(Rate per 100,000 people)
- National average burglary rate: 376
- Ohio average burglary rate: 412.2
There are many measures you can take to lower your risk of being targeted, like installing an updated home security system. Many insurers offer discounts to policyholders that have burglar alarms installed as a preventive measure.
If you do fall victim to a property crime, you’ll be provided with compensation for your losses with your homeowners insurance. An independent agent can make sure that even your expensive belongings (jewelry, antiques, art) will be covered.
Is Flood Covered in Your Clintonville, OH, Homeowners Insurance?
Most homeowners don’t realize that their home insurance policy does not cover flood damage. Flooding is one of the top risks your property faces in Clintonville. So, purchasing a flood insurance policy is a good idea. This will help repair, restore, and remove any damage caused after flooding occurs. Chat with an agent about finding your flood insurance policy.
How Can You Find Affordable Homeowners Insurance in Clintonville, OH?
It's simple when you use an independent insurance agent. They work with numerous insurance companies to make sure you get a competitive price with the coverage you need. You can’t afford to let your home be underinsured, so chat with an agent today to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.