South Burlington, VT, is home to the Ben & Jerry's headquarters and a number of colleges and universities. This city is high on free-thinking and creativity.
When you own a car in this small 19,141 town, you'll need adequate coverage. An independent insurance agent can be useful when looking for the best rates. Get connected with a local agent today.
South Burlington, VT, Theft Rates and Your Premiums
The local crime rate will impact your car insurance premiums. When there are more thefts in a city, your costs will be higher. Let's take a look at the average theft rate per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.9
- Vermont average: 40.4
- South Burlington average: 5.2
Whether you own a classic car or an ATV, vehicle theft is a concern everywhere. To have protection, you'll want to speak with your independent agent on comprehensive coverage.
Car Insurance Requirements for South Burlington, VT
Every state has some form of auto insurance requirement to drive. When you live in South Burlington, it's no different. Let's look at the minimum limits of liability required in South Burlington, VT:
- Minimum liability limits of $25,000 per person
- Minimum liability limits of $50,000 per accident
- Minimum liability limits of $10,000 property damage
While having auto liability is critical, the important piece is how much coverage you have. State minimum limits are usually not enough to cover a large claim. With the average vehicle costing over $36,000, you'll need a car insurance policy that lasts. Contact your independent agent to discuss limits.
Other Auto Insurance Options in South Burlington, VT
A car insurance policy comes with a variety of coverage choices. The only automatic and included insurance is liability. For the rest, you'll need to pay an additional premium. Let's take a look at some optional coverages in South Burlington, VT:
- Rental car: This pays for a rental vehicle while a covered auto is being replaced due to a loss.
- Comprehensive: This pays for property damage to your vehicle when an unavoidable object collides with it.
- Towing: This will pay for the tow of a scheduled auto.
- Gap: This pays for the remaining balance on your car loan and the market value of your car when a total loss occurs.
- Collision: This pays for the damage to your car when a collision with another vehicle or property happens.
These are just some of the optional coverages you can obtain. Speak with your independent agent on insurance for your trailers, ATVs, and other motor vehicles.
Other Liability Insurance in South Burlington, VT
Liability insurance is the only automatic coverage on your auto policy, and the most used. To have enough limits of liability, you'll want to make sure coverage is sufficient. Take a look at how you can increase liability coverage on your auto policy:
1. Go the next step up from your current auto liability limits
2. Obtain an umbrella policy to add another level of protection
Umbrella insurance explained:
Umbrella insurance will supply an additional limit of liability when your underlying auto is exhausted. This is usually due to a larger claim that may occur.
If you want to have adequate protection, discuss limits of liability with your South Burlington agent.
Uninsured Drivers in South Burlington, VT
Uninsured drivers are, unfortunately, everywhere. Whether you own a home in South Burlington or somewhere else, you'll want protection. Uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM coverage is what you need. Let's look at the facts:
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Vermont percentage of uninsured drivers: 6.8%
UM/UIM will pay for your medical expenses and property damage resulting from a not-at-fault loss with an uninsured driver.
Since Vermont requires UM/UIM at the minimum limits, you'll want to contact your independent agent on coverage.
An Independent Insurance Agent in South Burlington, VT
If you're searching for car coverage in South Burlington, VT, you'll want an independent insurance agent. They work with several carriers, saving you time and premium dollars.
To begin, go to TrustedChoice.com and get matched with a local adviser. You can use the find-an-agent tool and connect with an expert in minutes.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.