Residents of the Green Mountain State may get Vermont car insurance quotes that are below the national average. Vermont is small in area and is the 2nd least populated state in the US.
Despite the state’s small size, there are still a number of Vermont car insurance companies eager to compete for the business of auto owners. Independent agents in the Trusted Choice® network can help you compare Vermont auto insurance quotes. Your agent can also help you understand your coverage and select the right policy options.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Vermont Car Insurance Costs
- National average cost per year: $1,474
- Vermont average cost per year: $1,149
- 43rd most expensive premiums in the US
The most recent information available as of 2017 shows that Vermont average premium costs are $1,149, which is quite a bit lower than the national average. Keep in mind that you won’t know exactly how much you’ll be paying for Vermont auto insurance without a quote from a reputable insurer. Comparing several accurate insurance quotes will help you make the best purchase for your needs and budget. An independent agent can produce several quotes for you with just one phone call.
Vermont Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): not required
- Uninsured motorist: not required
- Minimum liability limits: 25/50/10
- Coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $25,000 for one individual, and $10,000 coverage for property damage.
Make sure that the Vermont auto insurance policy you purchase meets these limits. Drivers who are caught driving without the required coverage may be fined $100 and their license may be suspended until they can supply proof of insurance.
Vermont Uninsured Motorists Data
- National uninsured motorists: 12.6%
- Vermont uninsured motorists: 8.5%
- Vermont average vehicle repair cost: $2,369
The percentage of uninsured motorists in Vermont is considerably lower than the national average. However, you might want to consider this policy option, since it can help pay for repairs if your car ever sustains damage because of another driver who does not have enough insurance. You'll be able to collect money from your insurer to cover your costs, and your insurance company will go after the liable driver for compensation.
Thefts in Vermont
- National car theft rate (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 2.94
- Vermont car theft rate (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 0.75
Vermont auto theft rates are much lower than the national average. A good auto theft prevention system and a comprehensive auto policy can help protect your vehicle and your investment.
Find Vermont Car Insurance
Do you need to compare Vermont auto insurance quotes? Your local, independent Trusted Choice member agent can compare multiple insurers and be on hand to answer your questions about coverage. Your agent will take the time to understand your unique needs and shop around for the best value for your budget.